Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi there , i have posted this info on another thread, the place to go in protaras
is called the : sparticas restaurant in cape greco at konnas bay it is next to the grecian park hotel ,it is very good and just a short hop on the bus
from protaras, we have been going to this place for a number of years now ,and most people we have recommended this place to have also enjoyed the food ! have a nice time . griff :wink:
lee and bec you have some of the best restaurants on your door step in pernera. we are going back to pernera this year and are going to try the many restaurants that we didnt have time to go to when we were there for a fortnight last year!!! all i can say is avoid the chinese restaurants as many people on here will tell you and we thought the irish bar next to windmills wasnt very good and was expensive!! ill cavalier was beautiful though. hope you enjoy yourselves lindsay. :D
There is a sticky topic at the top of the forum for people to post their favourite restaurants.

luci :wave
In Pernera
No particular order

The Steak and Ale house do a good selection of Steaks and a pretty good range of Cypriot food.

Noufaro again does a massive selection of Cypriot specialities, steaks and many other things - Slightly more expensive (about 1 Cy£ more) than other places but well worth a look

Polyxenia Isaak Down near the beach, well overlooking the beach, have free sunbeds if you eat there. We had the meze and it was really good, I loved it there. Excellent food, music, dancing.

The Fresh House cheap and cheerful, great for snack type meals, chicken sandwiches, great cooked breakfasts, makes a mean liver and onions, and a selection of Cypriot Specialites that were fine but not to the higher standards of some of the other places - we went back probably every day for most of 2 weeks for lunches, some evening meals and few beers. (good all rounder on a budget and the carbonara was excellent, in fact I'm going to be having that when I get back)

Nautilus Inn - good cooked breakfast with nescafe coffee, also some great pasta dishes. If you go drinking there at night they also put bowls of popcorn out on your table.. if you like that sort of thing.

Apomera - A rather more traditional looking place on the top road between the waterpark area and the Elamaris hotel at the other end of the road. Great place that you might want to walk past but don't. Really friendly and excellent food (not sure what else was on but we had Cypriot Specials like Stifado, Keftedes and Kleftiko).

Blue Spice - Very nice but only had a light lunch in there which was a slightly toasted bap with tuna and salad, which was really well made and very tasty.

Kartanas - didn't eat there this time but went in 2004, had a roast beef dinner, a pint of lager and watched the Formula one, made a very pleasant Sunday afternoon.

Across the road from The Fresh House is a mini market type place that has a massive selection of baked goods, sweet and savoury if you might want something to snack on. If you like things like Pizza Hut there is one and a sort of Fried Chicken place both of which we gave a miss... but if its your cup of tea.

Hope this helps

Steve
Our favourites in Pernera are The Cordon Blue, La Cultura del Gusto, and another vote for the Steak and Ale house. There are quite a few restaurants- you will be spoilt for choice.
We like the drinks/entertainment in The Square Bar (beside dancing fountain water show). Nice choice of drinks, :lol: and nice staff.
No-one seems to mention it on here - more the Love Boat - but it has same sort of entertainment (hypnotist/drag/Elvis etc).

Every time I go in The Love Boat, my pint of Keo gets worse - watered down to hell with no head. :cry: Don't get me wrong, I like the place but that gets on my wick. Table sevice is also sooo slow.
I just need to go to the bar and get bottles of Keo!!
Hi Shoestring,
Funny you should say that about the Loveboat, we always spend a lot of time in rockafellas, i got talking to one of the girls who takes your drinks order, she told me that she used to work at the Loveboat and that they always try and sit you down and when they fetch your pint they put the slops in it. I also ordered a bacardi and coke in Bells and told them i wanted proper bacardi, it wasnt the proper stuff and when i complained, the woman who served me stood me out that it was. I drink lots of bacardi and i certainly know whats proper and whats not, i left the drink and walked out. I am not a lover of Keo so i try to stick to bottled beer.
Funny you should say that !... we were given beer with pump cleaner in twice in protaras, took some drinking... can't remember where it was though...
We frequent The Love Boat quite a lot whilst we are away but we mainly stay at the bar and buy our drinks from there.That way you can actually see them pulling your pint, and whenever I have ordered Bacardi they always ask if I want the genuine stuff or the generic variety. Like the Loveboat mainly for the Elvis impersonator in there. sad I know... :oops:
do you find there's a little less conversation in there though?
action guarenteed
Askcy, just to let you know. Nautilus has only been opening in the evening this season and is closed totally on a Sunday.

I''ve said this before and i'll say it again. For breakfast the best place on Pernera in my opinion is Phoenix. Its a bit more expensive than the rest but it tastes like a breakfast. I find breakfasts elsewhere are very bland.
Thanks Cardiff lad,

We went to the Nautilus Sept2006 on our last day (Sunday) waited and waited... only to be told by the cleaner that it didn't open until the afternoon :roll:

So we went across the road to The Fresh House and had a really well done breakfast, very clean plate no slops of fat, drips of water etc, all well cooked and at a good price. (in 2004 we had been going to the Nautilus a lot and thought theirs was the best but the Fresh house was much better)

Steve
Not Sure If Any Of You Guys Have Tried It..
But I Go To Nicolas Tavern At The Bottem Of The Strip Everytime Im In Cyprus :D
Owner Has Known My Youngest Daughter Since The Age Of 16months And Shes 8 Years Old Now But We Get Along So Well With People In There And I Think If You Havent Tryed It Then You Should Give It A Go Its A Lovley Resturant & Im Sure You Will Enjoy It If Your The Type Of Relaxed Person!

Been In The Love Boat A Few Times And In My Opinion I Reckon Its A Quite Good Place To Have A Drink!

CourtneeLouise
I think we've all been to Nicolas Tavern, but I was only commenting on those in Pernera itself... Yeah N.T. is another really great place with friendly staff and fantastic Cypriot dishes.
Oh right ok sorry i didnt realise you were talking about penera itself.

My parents live in penera and there apsolutley loving it! mother is sat beside me now (came over to england for a week) and the resturants / places to eat & drink what she recommends are...

The Barleymow

Also if you like a nice drink and a bit of kareoke on the night time then you should try the Windmills

Cant actualy remember any other places but shall get my dad to tell my daughter when she goes over with my mum on wednesday and get back to you! .. does anyone else know any good places to eat out around penera / protaras wich also has internet connections ?

Thanks
CourtneeLouise
The Nautilus Inn, Pernera has 4 computers connected to broadband, 50c for so many minutes and they do food as mentioned above

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.