Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Click Here To read our one review.

Which accommodation have they offered you?
re
they haven't offered any certain appartments but said we can move but will have to pay the difference.
we stayed at these apartments last may and they are in quite a good location, not far from the main area, but nice and quiet at night.

however, these are very basic, no kettles or toasters, but there was an ironing board !

if you are just using the apartment as a base and you haven't paid much, then fine, but they really aren't up to much,

any more questions, feel free to ask away !
Juby please add your review of these apartments by Clicking Here

Many Thanks :wave
RE
Yeah we will be using it more or less at a base but a kettle or a toaster are things that ud expect to find in an apatment!
I know ! luckily, we were forwarned so we took our own kettle,
although i've grumbled a bit about the apartment, we still had a great time, so hope you have a happy holiday wherever you end up !
RE
It says that kettles are in the apartment according to the broshure surely would they not have to supply one if we looked for it.

thanks for ur help
They must have had a lot of people grumbling about the lack of basic facilities !
It was may 06 when we were there, so maybe they've done some updating.
You will love the beaches at praia da rocha, they are fab, but do take a look at nearby Alvor, very pretty place, great atmosphere at night too and only about 5euros in a taxi,
anything else you need to ask, please feel free,
happy hols !
RE
Is there any day trips that you would recommend ??
hi celt262,
zoomarine is an absolute must, i don't know whether you have any kids in you're party, but we had our 5yr old daughter with us and she loved it, (so did we )!
you can buy tickets from any travel agents in town and a coach will pick you up from various hotels,
there's loads to do and see ie, sealion show, dolphin show, birds of prey, parrot show, ther'e also a fairground and you can go on as many rides as you like, also ther'es a lovely swimming pool.

we also enjoyed aqualand, although it rained ! we still had a go on all the slides ! same again, just go to a travel agent, buy your ticket and you can go any day you choose.

portimao is lovely to look round too, very cheap on the bus from praia da rocha,
there was lots more excursions, but we ran out of time, spent time at the pool and beach,
hope this helps !
So anyone stayed here this summer?
If you can change I would and stay somewhere else. Should have stayed 2 nights in PDR recently but only stayed the 1. HORRIBLE the worst place I've ever been to. Alvor nearby was better but I would recommend looking to stay in another resort.
May I say that is only your opinion :!: We stay in Praia do Vau but there are a lot of people who like Praia da Rocha
Thanks for pointing that out, my mistake.

In my opinion PDR is the worst place I've ever been to :!:
Nice beach and if you like loads of high rise buildings and drinking in Irish bars then you will love it and return again as many people do. :yuck
Anyone Stay in these apartments lately?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.