America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I went with my husband twice a year until a few years ago.We used to just get a fly drive and travel around.
We travelled down the east coast and on to Key West,then drove up the gulf coast.There is lots to see and its a beautiful state.
We went to Fort Myers Island a couple of times and stayed there for a week.We always came back to Orlando for our second week.
I dont do long haul flights now but loved all the holidays we had there.
I go with my husband, we have a great time in the parks, we even go on all the kids rides, sometimes we found they are better than the adult ones. No one judges you, you are all there to have a good time :wave:
My Wife and I have been 6 times as a couple (we have no kids) and have had a wonderful experience everytime (except for some dubious weather, but that is Florida for you!!!).

I say go for it. I still get the same excitement entering Walt Disney World in the car or parking in the Universal lot as I did on our first ever trip back in 1999.

:tup
I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I would like to travel around in Florida (we both don't mind driving), love the theme parks and shopping of course.

I think it's just that when we go on hols we always go with people or to hotels where we soon get chatting to people. This hol will prob be diff.

I feel it's not worth us booking a Villa just for the two of us (we had a lovely place in Lake Davenport area last time), so I think we may book a hotel in the thick of it all.

Sharon
If you want a bit of luxury on International Drive I would opt for the Peabody. Alternatives are the more business orientated Rosen Center (we had 2 weeks here back in 2003, loved it) and the Crowne Plaza Universal.

You are obviously aware of the choice if you have been before.

I am slightly concerned by the indication in your posts that yourself and Hubby will have nothing to talk about though....... :rofl
Lol me to! :rofl I'm sure we'll love it.

Thanks for that I will check them out. We very rarely went onto Internaltional drive (think twice) but I figure if we stay there this time it may cut out a lot of the driving as reading some brochures-courtesy transport is provided.

Sharon
YESYESYESYES!!!!! I would never go with kids , my partner and i loved it!!!!!!
Going to book tommorrow!! Can't wait..... Mark seems to be excited too!! (man of hidden emotions lol)

Sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.