Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
goa 10th April
7 Posts
Hi Froggles
Last year I took the course that you have to take once a day and then another one once a week but this year I'm taking the once a week tablet as a lot of people say they dont even take them. As I get bit a lot I thought it better safe than sorry, I dont know the name of them at the moment as I'm at work :duh so I'll have to get back to you on that.
Dont worry about the weather we're going on the 5th April staying at Silver Sands in Candolim,went the same sort of time last year and it was roasting :sun2 :sun2 and Chilly on this forum said that it aint rained for a week out there even though it was forecast for most of the week-it'll be great and you'll love it !! :tup
Have a look at the malaria thread at the top of the page for extensive discussions on which medication to take.
Hi Froggles,we take Mefloc 1 per week,have taken them the last 3 visits to Goa with no problems,
you can buy them in any chemist when you arrive and start taking them straight away,i think they cost around £2 for a pkt of 4 tablets,we normally take one the week we return home just to be on the safe
side,have a great time,you are flying to Goa on my birthday,but we will be in Warsaw on a 4 night break
ann :wave:
Hi Froggles
We are taking the same as aarond,once a week started taking them last week,its a 250mg tablet.
Hope this helps :D
The type that you need are Paludrine and Chloriquine

One Tablet daily - Yellow i think

The other Tablet once a week - Pink I think.

However having lived there and been back on numerous occasions do not take them.

Malaria spreading mosquitos tend to stay near stagnent water areas, and arent normally prominenet until monsoon.

But for your own peace of mind if you want to take them those are ones I was advised to take when going out to Goa to work.

Ones to avoid are Lariam, mainly due to the mood swings, hallucinations and night terrors.
Also stay calm with the taxi drivers or you will experience mood swings,hallucinations and night terrors (as they try to put the rates up then) ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.