Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Cheers for that...i can agree and say although Malta is nice..Gozo is so much better and the island is completely beautiful. We fell in love with the place when we visited it in May and intend to return asap.
Ooooops does this mean that Ghawdex Mark has a rival for our resident Ghawdex correspondent, perhaps rivallry a bit like the Times Of Malta and The Malta Independent, or The Guardian and The Daily Sport.
nothing wrong with a bit of competition ! which part of Gozo are you living in Merill ?
Gozo Mark

Are there are more members who reside or had visited & stayed on the island?

I do not consider myself as competition, because as I said in the opening post, I'm just here to help people discover the Island, make their stay as tranquil and serene as possible.

I'm not saying that its the perfect location but people tend to think that once you visited the main Island, Malta, they tend to assume that Gozo, just over 5 miles away is the same and that taking a day tour to Gozo on the very last day before they leave the islands is enough.

I'm suggesting that those who like to visit the islands should choose a two centre holiday, that is at least 3 or more nights in Gozo and the rest in Malta. That way you can enjoy both places and see the difference.
more like stay in Gozo and do a day tour of Malta......

I feel sorry for those doing the day trips to Gozo, as by spending a rushed day touring around Gozo misses the whole spirit of the place.

ps I live in Sannat
We are hoping to stop in Gozo next summer. It will be our first time to this part of the world. We will be stopping in a villa as my parents have always wanted a villa holiday but never got round to taking one as my dad won't drive abroad. (i know they drive on the left but it its due to us having a near fatal collision when i was but a wee lad 36 years ago, a near mix of 4 of us in a mini and a texaco tanker in France. :shock: Put him off driving abroad for life)
There will be my parents my wife and myself and two kids 13 and 11. Both the kids love peace and quiet and historical sites and beautiful scenery. They are not into flashing lights and amusement arcades so we always know thay won't get fed up if mom and dad want a chill out holiday!!
So... as a bunch of Gozo Virgins, where on the island would you suggest would be the ideal place to stay? Also I suppose it would make common sense to hire a car at malta airport and drive to the ferry rather than bus/taxi to ferryport and hire a car in Gozo?

All advice gratefully received!

Many thanks

Ivan
farmhouse or hotel ?
Hi there Mark,
It will be a villa. We like to alternate each year. Hotel in Menorca this year, so the kids could do kids things with loads of other kids (and they had a great time) so its a mom and dad chill out in a villa in 2008!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.