Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Stanley

According to the Monarch website it depends whether it was a scheduled flight booked direct with Monarch or a chartered flight booked via a tour operator or travel agent. You can read Monarch's T&C's Here and Here.

My understanding, if it is a chartered flight, is that Delayed Departure is one of the things that passengers/holidaymakers take out travel insurance for. Anyone affected would need to refer to the terms of their own travel insurance policy as compensation varies from company to company as does the length of delay before compensation becomes payable.

luci :wave
It does depend whether its charter or schedueld. If its a schedueld flight (which it wasnt) it would be a ZB code then Monarch look after you, its up to them and their terms and conditons...

On charter flights the tour operator looks after you. Even if you have booked 'Flight Only' you have still booked through a tour operator, therefore they are still responsible for you and compensation etc...

Airlines are not allowed to sell their own tickets on charter flights. For example on flymonarch.com the schedueld flights (ZB code) are sold to you direct by Monarch airlines. flymonarch.com also "sells" tickets on Monarch charter flights (MON code), for example from Birmingham. however, it is actually a link up with Avro, who are selling you the seats, therefore they are the tour operator and are responsible for you when things go a little wrong.
Thanks for info . When travelling on this flight a few weeks back I was puzzled to note my baggage had a ZB 5835 flight code and not MON 5835 , applied at Malaga ?
Some airports systems, IE Departure/arrivals boards, check-ins etc only work a 2 letter code system. This could be why it was ZB.
Hi everyone,
ZB is the scheduled Monarch flights and MON is used for charters.
Hope this helps
best wishes
Dave, Casterton743
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.