Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Chrissy81 :wave

we did our own flight and apartment this February for the first time as we were fed up of being overcharged to stay in hotels, which if your like most tourists to Goa they only use for the shower and bed, the rest of the time your always out and about discovering goa. We booked our flights to Mumbai with BA, they came up with the cheapest flight for the times we wanted. The cheapest I could get the flight from Mumbai to Diabolical airport in Goa was £265 return over here for two!! :roll: As I thought that rather expensive I searched on the net and found a travel firm in Delhi who did exactly the same flight for £118 for two of us!! If you need name of firm, PM me. Hope this helps,

Tony :D
Hi, we flew Man to Heathrow, Heathrow to Mumbai with BA, although I wouldnt rate the flight, the cost was £340 each, then got a flight with Spice Jet fro £27. return! (there equivalent to Easy Jet).
Goanne
Hi Goanne, that was cheap. Did you book flight from Mumbai to Goa in England or just buy the flight when you got to Mumbai? Did £27 return include a meal? We flew with Air India which included a meal, which was really nice. Great service as well :D
Hi GoanMad Tony, no I booked it on the spicejet website, there was no meal but its only an hour from getting on to getting off. Last year we flew with Jet Airways from Mumbai to Goa, they were more organised and professional but cost about £100 each. Jet Airways fly direct from London to Goa.
Let me know if you need anymore info and I will did my paper work out.
Goanne
Hi Tony - sorry it was £27 each way, but still only £54 !
Goanne
Hi Goanne, which is roughly what we paid. Did you buy tickets in India or over here? I would imagne over there as prices quoted over here to me were way above what i paid!
Sorry Goanne, missed previous post to your last :oops: I know it's only an hour flight, but when you've been hanging around Mumbai airport with very little places to pick up something to eat, it's a treat to get on the plane for something to eat knowing your only an hour away from paradise :D
Hi Anne( take it your name is Anne :?: ) You say Jet Airways do direct flight to Goa, are you sure :!: Only flights I know of flying direct to Goa are charter fights which I know you can book the flight alone, but turn out quite expensive. Do you have any details of this direct flight? Tony.
hi all, we flu from manchester to heathrow ,heathrow to mumbia, with gulf air and then down to goa with indian airways total cost £350 total time 38 hours never again!" i would reather pay £550-600 direct from man 9 and half hours to 10 and your there :bhead .....toe
I did loads of research before booking our flights for Christmas/NewYear this year and the charter direct from Gatwick was the best option. It cost more (not as much as I thought it would) but by the time we weighed up the waiting time at Mumbai for an hours flight to Goa it was better for us.

We've been to Kerela a few times and really hate the wait at Bahrain, so the option of going direct and non-stop to Goa was a real bonus for us. It's not so much the going, it's the coming back.

If I remember, the flights to Mumbai and then Goa worked out at around £550+ each but there was a longish wait at Mumbai. The direct charter flight cost £630 each. It was around £400 cheaper to go charter with MyTravel from Gatwick than charter from Birmingham with Thomson, which is a shame as Birmingham is only half an hour away.

It's amazing how much the prices fluctuate.
Hi Toe, at least our flight via Mumbai to Goa was only 15 hours in total including waiting time at Mumbai :!: How the hell did you cope with 38 hours to get to Goa :?: How many stops did that involve :?:
Hi Tony, no we booked online at http://www.spicejet.com but if you go on Jet Airways site you can book direct form Heathrow to Goa, but you do have to change planes at Goa. http://www.jetairways.com
Try looking at BA for flights to Mumbai they were cheaper, and we stayed over 2 nights in Mumbai on the way back just to break the journey.
Goanne
Goanne do you mean change planes at Mumbai, I am not aware of any direct schedule flight to Goa from the UK.
Hi Goanne :wave that's how we went in February, Heathrow to Mumbai, change to an internal flight down to Goa. We had 5 hour wait at Mumbai for connecting flight, very boring. As I'm aware(unless anyone knows different!) there are no scheduled flights that go direct to Goa, Tony.
Hi everyone,

You can fly into Goa on a schedule flight without going to Mumbai if you use Air Lanka. The flight is via Sri Lanka. If the journey involves waiting for a connection to Goa overnight in Sri Lanka they put you up FREE in a hotel in colombo.

It costs around RS 19,500 return from this end. Might be worth considering for those that don't like Mumbai.

GFF xx
Hi GFF :wave The point I was making was that as far as I know you can't get a scheduled DIRECT flight from London to Goa. Scheduled flights always involve a stop over somewhere :!: How long was your stop over in sri lanka :?: Tony
I flew direct 8)

Mytravel go direct from Gatwick.
After 5 years of flying cattle class on charters, I took the plunge this year and flew scheduled with BA and Indian. Was wonderful to be treated like a proper human being... Never again will I fly long haul charter.
Hi, sorry yes meant change at Mumbai, we usually do our own thing and fly schedule and have flown with Emirates and BA and wouldnt rate either, and we usually go for 3 or 4 weeks but after all the hassle last time with having to pay for being overweight (slightly), at Mumbai, hassle from staff at Heathrow ( you can only take one bag through - not even a handbag) - have decided to fly direct this time on a package with First Choice. It usually takes me 2 or 3 days to wind down from all the different connections when I get there!
Goanne.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.