Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
help re luxor !
6 Posts
Hi
We always found Thomson were generally the cheapest tour operator when we used to take package holidays to Luxor. We live in Cyprus now so we just take a flight and reserve our own accommodation.

I just had a look on the Thomson website for flight only (I put Manchester as I don't know where you are located) for 1 week on 19th October and came up with flights on Wed 21st to Wed 28th October. Flight only works out at £974.74 - flights are £250.66pp but then there's a whacking £222 on top total taxes.

I also went onto their website to look at flights and accommodation for same dates and came up with prices from £1540 at St Joseph to £1992 at the Jolie Ville (again, flying from Manchester).

CwB
Last year you could get a flight out for £270 per person but the prices shot up at the start of this year.

When booking for my holiday to Luxor next May i was considering booking flight, cruise and hotel independantly but it worked out a lot more expensive than a package deal with Thomsons.

Easyjet fly to Hurghada now but you would have a four hour taxi journey to get to Luxor and possibly have to stay the night in Hurghada as at the moment you have to travel by convoy from Hurghada and Luxor.

Suzie.
I too always fly with Thomson from Manchester. This june I got a last minute flight for £125 each and the hotel for £185 (travelrepublic) for both of us. Good price but it was as I say a last min deal. Year before I prebooked about 9 months before and got a good deal for two weeks by I reckon pure fluke! Paid £400 each booking with 'thefirstresort' who do Thomson deals.
Hi,
Try Thomas cook website, you will probably find it cheaper to book a package, it is not easy to find cheap flights now.
The Maritim Jolie Ville on crocodile island is one of the nicest Hotels you could find.
I would also suggest looking at direct booking companies - ie those such as Eclipse Direct (part of First Choice) & Portland Holidays (part of Thomson) who sell their hols direct to the traveller and not via a travel agent.

You won't find these brochures in the travel agents offices.

Their prices are usually a bit cheaper as they don't have to pay 10 or 12 percent commission to the sales agents.

CwB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.