Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
First of all - welcome to HT and the Goa forum! The Dona Sylvia has glowing reports in our reviews- click here
A thread on the hotel here
Cavelossim
And I'm sure other members will chip in! :D
hi antony
you've picked a great place to stay the dona sylvia is in a good location in cavelosim loads of restaurants nearby the best ones are the goan village and mikes place .
every wed and thurs nights there are beach partys with fire works the staff in the shacks will try to get you to pre book a table and pre order a meal i.e. lobster or jumbo prawns if you dont fancy committing yourself just turn up and you should still get a table and any other food off the menu will be avalable .
bettys boat trips are also excellent a.i. food and drink , out to sea to see the dolphins then along the river sal bird watching then stop for lunch on board the boat a lovely relaxing day
if you would like any other info feel free to p.m. me anita :D
Hi All

Thanks for your reply, ill get some questions together and post them later at the weekend!

Just quickly though, who did you book with?

Best Regards!
Anthony
Going to Dona Sylvia for two weeks in 22 days (not that I am counting)! I am really looking forward to it - can't wait :D Will give you some info when (maybe if) i return!
Hi we went this year and have booked to go back march 27th next year,it is a brilliant place with great surroundings, food and drink is all incl and great but it is so cheap to eat and drink you dont have to use the all incl at the Hotel all the time.
Another tip is wherever you want to go in Goa, ask a taxi driver and he will take you anywhere and stay with you( They know all the best places to avoid the tourists) and stop you getting ripped of by tour operators.
Th grand total for being your personal driver all day will be aprox £15.00 all incl.
Bringing back great memories a large beer 80p meal for 4 people in good reasturant £12.00 ,fags 40p for 20, 40degrees and 90% humidity, oh my god cant wait till March.
We go with First Choice as they give extra legroom on all long haul flights free of charge, and the seats are all leather and really comfy, cant fault them.
Anyway must go now but anything else I can help with just ask .
Regards David ( Derbyshire)> 8) 8) :oops: :wink: :roll: :D :lol:
What is the dress code at Dona Sylvia - are long trousers and collared shirts needed for men or will smart shorts and tee shirts suffice :?:
Hi Anything goes so long as you are covered up in the dining room, eg men need a tshirt on and ladies need at least a serong around themselves.
At night shorts and t shirt are fine so long as they are smart ones i.e. not the swimming type shorts, we were there April this year and it was so hot and humid it didnt really matter what you had on within minutes of going out of the air con , you were wet through.
You will love it , have a great trip.
David.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.