Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi Fiona

The HKTB website has 3 suggested itineraries for people transiting in Hong Kong. I'm sure you won't need any suggestions on where to go, but they do give specific info on where to leave your luggage, how to get back to the airport, etc. I should think you can see and do quite a lot in 7 hours :)

Elaine
thanks Elaine
you know I have looked at Discover Hong Kong but had not looked at transit itineries. It is comforting to know they have an itinery for 4 hours as realistically I would not want to be away longer. we won't discover anything but I'd rather have something to do. 7 hours in the airport would just drag.
What a great idea, I wouldn't have thought to nip into town (as it were..)
The trains are very quick, easy and efficient and you can get off right at the ferry terminal on the island as well, so easy to get to everywhere from there too.

For thos checking out of hotels early you canc aheck in for some flights at the train station and check bags in there too- Kuala Lumpur has a similar scheme
we had to amend our holiday and are now actually spending a night in Hong Kong( and the whole of the next day). We have had a brilliant deal of £52 for the Metropark hotel where we stayed on our last visit. Its not quite in the location I would prefer but at that price...... :D
its unbelievable :D We were offered it by BA when we sorted out our flights. The Metropark itself is quoting £120.
Good price...you sure they are sending you to the right Metropark :)

I was looking at the Ramada for a friend and found it for £41....does not seem to bad from the Tripadvisor reports. Hong Kong seems to be getting more competitive.
I came across some good deals - which surprised me I was resigned to paying well over £100.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.