Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
try http://www.goldenhotels.com that will give you the groups home page with a link for the golden bahia
we are staying at the bahia de tossa in tossa del mar in 2 wks time.it will be our last family holiday-2 adults and 2 teenagers & a 21yr old.reviews of hotel & tossa look good-would welcome views of anyone who has just returned from there.we are intending visiting the nou camp but under our own steam-any advice on transport there & back and tickets would be much appreciated.best way to go to barcelona independantly seems to be 2 buses to blanes & then the train-but what time do they run until? i'll be on this site for the next 2 wks so look forward to chatting to anyone with up to date info on the resort or this hotel.i look forward to hearing from you.
we are booked for sept so will look forward to hearing your views on hotel, we was there for two odd days in tossa we loved it, so that is why we booked for this year, you get the bus to lloret and blanes and then the train to barcelona they all connect as you get off one the other is due, you can get tickets all in one go, roughly takes about an hour on train and half on buses not as hard as it sounds step off one to another
I have been going to Tossa de Mar for 12 years . You can get a service bus at the bus station straight through to Barcelona. You book your ticket to come back at the same time which guarantees your seats. The buses are actually coaches, very efficient and also very comfortable. the staff at the bus stations all speak excellent english.
I think you can also get a runaround ticket for the barcelona hop on hop off tour bus at the same time as you book. You can then go to Nou camp easily as the bus stops near it. It is fantastic and I don't even like football, so give yourself plenty of time.
The golden bahia is a lovely hotel. We have been to have a coffee and look at it and it nice. The roof top terrace is fabulous.
There is a little land train that takes you around the town to the beach and also through the old town. WEll worth taking. It is a wonderful resort to stay in , we go in September when it is quiet.
thanks rosie & taffy for your info regarding buses-i suppose i've been put off the idea of going on the coach all the way to barcelona because although it sounds much easier than having to go from one bus to another bus to a train with no guarantee that you;ll get a seat each way, having read what good queen bess has written after her trip using the one coach its made me re-think. she said that she chose the coach option all the way to barcelona and return but that when she got there 5 minutes before it was due to depart they told her there were no seats even though she'd booked seats on that particular coach. Rosie - you obviously prefer the bus-bus-.train option- do you get a seat each time(there will be 5 of us)- and what time do they run to in the evening? - and taffy- likewise- have you found like qood queen bess did that you weren;t always quaranteed a seat even though you'd booked one-= and also - what time again do they run up to? thanks 4 replying by the way-its always useful to have some inside info before you go away!
does the bahia de tossa hotel have its own website?
Hi Sherry, we were actually staying in santa susanna when we travelled to barcelona so we did not need to get any transport other than the train which was very cheap and took i hour and 5 mins, we got seats there and back no problem, you get of at sants station, run quite late but can't give you times, we travelled from santa susanna to tossa twice once by boat and once by bus and train, from tossa you get the bus to lloret and then to blanes and then the train to barcelona or anywhere else, i know it sounds a lot but you get off one and step onto another, they time it so you do not wait long more or less a few mins, would love to hear from you about the hotel, trying to find the web address myself

Regards Rosie
thanks rosie. i rang the hotel today-tel no is 0034 9723 43130.
fax no is 0034 9723 40640
web site bahiadetossa@goldenhotel.com

we are flying out from birmingham next tuesday so this time next week we;ll be there, with a cold drink in our hands!

thanks for the info regarding transport. do you have any more useful info?
If anyone has stayed at this hotel please post a review HERE

luci :wave
The only problem with the train Sherry, is that it is a hassle to take 2 buses, which finish at around 8pm. I think I just had a bad experience!
I was thinking of taing a holiday this summer to the Bahia de Tossa hotel and was wondering if anyone has stayed there or could give me any info on this hotel, all the reviews seem good?

Also I was wondering about the area of Tossa de Mar, we are a young couple and want a fairly relaxing holiday, but also want some nightlife/entertainment in the evenings, is there anything like this in Tossa? I have heard that Lloret is the place for the nightlife, does anyone know how far this is from this hotel and how accessible it is (buses etc)?

Thanks
Hi Lee read our resort reports for this area Click Here

Anyone else who is interested in this hotel may like to read our reviews which can be accessed by Clicking Here
fantastic hotel, and resort, we went in sept last year and it is very relaxing, the hotel is fantastic and the food is as well, the resort as plenty to do at night lots of bars, but not like loret, if it's brit styled bars then loret is only a short taxi ride, bus station 100 yards away from hotel think on the half hour to loret, you will love the hotel and tossa

Rosie
Thanks for the info, any more would be very welcome. Does anyone know how frequently buses run to Lloret from this hotel and how much does it cost in a taxi?
have a look at the photo gallery on this site, some pics of hotel on it go onto costa brava album, also have a look at the links here

http://www.virtourist.com/europe/tossa-blanes/photoindex.html

http://www.infotossa.com/ct/webcam.htm
look at the menu for info

don't know the taxi fare but it was'nt expensive, we went in the day by bus

Rosie
we have booked to go to this hotel on the 16th september for 2 weeks and would like to know if pool towels are provided. also is it possible to hire a fridge.i know they have vending machines on each floor but we do like a fridge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.