Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
KatieP wrote:
I have been watching the Qatar flights for some time and the prices didn't move from £586 each for ages, but yesterday they went up to £636 so I booked quick before the prices rise again. Also we didn't want to risk them getting full or we would end up not being able to go at all.

We'll be there from 30th October - I'll do anything to avoid the trick or treaters. :cheers

Hi KatieP,we arrive there on the 28th October,so also miss the T&T :rofl
Think that a good move booking now as iv been told all flights will be going up from November because of a new flight tax.We booked with Qatar 3 months ago and was £540 then,and i belive our flights full already.Just the visas to sort now end of september :think
Well after waiting to see what way flight prices would go we have decided to book a package. Qatar prices were going up the cheapest for when we wanted was £641 and that was taking 31 hrs to return, most of the other flights are from London. We decided to stay at the Nazri which we are looking forward to, nothing against the MD and the staff but after 8 years its time for a change of venue, and we will still call in for a drink and to see the staff at the MD. To be honest we have normally well booked by now so in a way we are quite relieved its done and dusted so now its time to set up a countdown clock and relax.....cheers Keith... :cheers
You have made a good choice. We too stayed at the MD two years running but this season we stayed for 3 weeks at the Nazri. Great hotel and location.
Qatar prices were going up the cheapest for when we wanted was £641 and that was taking 31 hrs to return, most of the other flights are from London.

You have to be careful which day you travel on to avoid the long stop over. We decided to travel to London and get the cheaper fare.Booking in July it only cost £451 from Gatwick to travel in November.Prices from January onwards are getting very expensive
Dave the flights we looked at were Depart 11th Feb rtn 5th March
Depart Man 08:55........ ..Arrive Doha 18:50 (local time)
Depart Doha 21:30......... Arrive Goa....03:30
Returning 5th March
Depart Goa ....04:30.........Arrive Doha....05:50 (local time)
Depart Doha...01:30 (next day).....Arrive Man....06:25... (31hrs 25 mins)
and the price was an eye watering £641
The more expensive one is the same flight out from Man, but when returning
Depart GOA 04:30.....Arrive Doha...05:50
Depart Doha...07:35...Arrive Manchester....12:30......(13 30hrs)
This for the princely some of £831....... :duh .....Keith
  • Edited by KJF 2010-08-27 21:59:31
Best of luck to anybody trying to book Qatar, the prices have gone through the roof, must be plenty going around Feb 2011 with the price they are charging, We managed to book the Man-Doa Goa 13hrs....and Goa-Doa-Man 13-30hrs
Feb 11th return 5th Mar. £601
Booked two flights earlier this year with Qatar one 29th Oct for 17 days £580 and the other one 28th Jan till 28th Feb 2011 £600,both flights are the short stopovers. Kevin
BA have a sale on, booked Heathrow/Mumbai Feb 28th return March 21st £448 .Goair Mumbai/Goa return £62
good flight times, the return from Goa to Mumbai is at 06:55 ,4hrs 30mins stopover before the flight to Heathrow.
is it worth leaving the airport?
annx
I booked qatar flights a few months back for next March. Short stopovers in Doha and priced at £552. Still at same price for same flights. Out of Gatwick but back into Heathrow.
Qatar have dropped prices. my flight is now £40 cheaper per head :duh
Booked my flights a few months ago with Qatar, going from Man. 11 Feb 2011 13hrs out, 13hrs 30min return....£601

Now same flight £870-70p, who said wait for a bargain

The Preacher.
looks like it depends on when you want to go Preacher.
Qatar now have flights in November from Heathrow for £466 and they are the flights with the short stopover.
Qatar now have flights in November from Heathrow for £466 and they are the flights with the short stopover.

Some are , some are not the short stopover. Some leave from Gatwick and return to Heathrow or Vice Versa.

The flights we have booked are £61 dearer than they were in July saving me £122 which is almost exactly the same amount my hotels have gone down in price since I booked them then too !
Win some, lose some. As long as you were happy at the time you booked you should be happy now too.

Don't you just hate those people who try to tell you how cheap their holiday has been as you lie on your sunbed previously blissfully happy. :really :really :cry :cry
Don't you just hate those people who try to tell you how cheap their holiday has been

Hi Dave, I wasn't trying to beat your price!
I had an e-mail from Qatar today, about their special offers and I was just passing the information on to anyone who may not have booked yet!! :wave:
Didn't mean you Squigs.... I'm not on my sunbed yet !!!!

It's difficult not to pass on hot tips on the forum without letting people who have already booked know what they might or might not have missed and we are all guilty of that, but it's done with good intent. I'm talking about the I'm so clever brigade who don't want to help anyone, just brag about their good fortune. I always tell them I got it cheaper than they did anyway :) :) :)
Well I didnt think I would be going this season, trying to sell house etc, however was spurred on by a pm exchange with Sleeps yesterday. Soooooooo........ have booked Qatar from Manchester 4th March returning 22nd March, average flight time 13 hours, have chosen seats next to exit doors so more legroom, £576 each. I am so chuffed :cheers
Thats brill Roxey..Have you booked with Qatar before because their seating is quite good anyway, i like Qatar over all the others we've been with..You can start your £1 coins saving's now it all adds up.. :tup
Hi Sleeps, yes went with Qatar last year and there certainly was plenty of room, used to fly Monarch before so it was novelty to get extra legroom seats for no extra cost ;).
It is so nice to have something to look forward to, I will really miss going in November but at least I am going - hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!.
Thanks again for giving me the Goa bug again :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.