Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
dont know about the torviscas playa, but the bouganville is mint, and in a great location.... you couldnt do much better in my opinion
:D Got to agree with hairy, mum goes here every year, and has done for over 10 years now, great location, lovely hotel, beautiful food.(and she is one fussy woman! :lol: )

She carped on about this hotel so much over the years, we decided to book it last august, and we wern't dissapointed, I can honestly say its the best hotel we have ever had the pleasure to stay in!

Enjoy, and let us know what you decide.

Regards, BBB.
Oh mel - that's a bit of a difficult one! I have stayed in both and enjoyed both - would go back to either in a minute. Decoration a little bit tired in both, but that doesn't detract from the hoiday at all, and the Torviscas has had some refurb not too long ago. Boug has had the pool areas re done.

Both close to the beach and walks along the prom - both have rooms with great views over the sea. Boug nearer the action if you want Veronicas type stuff, but Torviscas in a good location for bars and cafes on the prom, and lots of stuff in the Fanabe area. Food in my opinioin was better (but there's not much in it) at the Bouganville.

Pools are good at both - prefer the pool area at the Torviscas I think. Both have 2 pools, and both are good. Both are not wild in the day, but not dead either - plenty going on if you want and both within easy reach of other places.

On my next trip to Tenerife I will probably go to the Bouganville, simply because I was at the Torviscas more recently. Given what you want out of a holiday I don't think that you would be disappointed with either hotel.
Hi Mel,
Stayed in the Bouganville last year and had a lovely time. Place was spotless and the food was excellent.
Couple of bars directly opposite and more just along the road in the shopping centre.

8) Toonman
Hi Mel - we've been to the Boug several times, and have just booked again for December. We love it here. I agree the decor is a bit tired and dated, but the hotel is spotlesslessly clean, and the staff are really friendly. And the food is out of this world. There is so much choice, a massive salad bar, loads of fresh bread, show cooking and a carvery every night, and the deserts are to die for! I'm still trying to shed the half a stone I put on at Christmas!

The location is great too, right across the road from the Pheasant Plucker and a couple of other bars that have happy hours from 12 - 7, where its a euro a pint. I have always thought the pool area at the Torviscas looks a bit more appealing than the Boug because its free form, and unless you pick your spot at the Boug you are crammed in like sardines round the pool, but there are loads and loads of sunbeds to choose from. We have never stayed to watch the entertainment, preferring to walk around and sample the nightlife. One of the best things about the Boug is that its a nice walk into Los C, and a nice walk to Coste Adeje and La Caleta (to walk off all the lovely food!).

I'm happy to answer any questions - I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.