Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Cheers Lesely ! I see what you mean by it being a long review !
Hope you have a good holiday and look forward to seeing your review here ! :cheers
I was there last weekend it seemed fine to me and the food was good, the few staff I had contact with were pleasant and helpful. I doubt that the hotel was half full yet it was almost impossible to find a clean table in the restaurant for a 9am breakfast or an 8pm dinner. The weather was good and people were using the outdoor pools with no apparent complaint about the water temperature. There was evening entertainment taking place on the stage by the poolside bar.

This pic was taken late afternoon last weekend.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1633/10006ek3.th.jpg
Hi

Glad you liked it! Was it warm enough at night when the nighttime entertainment was on outside?

Also, was the room cold at night - I'm wondering whether to take long or short pyjamas. I don't like to be cold at night! Was your room warm or cold? Was the temperature controllable?

Any idea what food there was for Vegetarians? Did they at least have chips most of the time?
Hi Lesley, Think you'll find they do a huge salad bar everynight and you shouldn't have a problem with a veggie option.
Going back myself in Sept so I look forward to a new review. :cheers

Toonman
lesley,

I noticed that the digital displays in the street that tell the time and temp were reading 60 degrees at 10pm, it was warm enough for most people to be in short sleeves though some wore a jumper or light jacket.

I found the room very warm and used only the air conditioning to reduce the temp, never needed to warm the place up, though my room did have the benefit of the sun all afternoon.

As toonman says there is a large salad bar every night, chips or at least some form of chunky fries seemed to be available every night as were pizza (possibly veggie, I didn't try it) and pasta with a choice of sauces. You could get a baked potato wrapped in foil one night and some butter from the bread table and cheese from the cheese table if that suits you, you may also find veggie soup as a starter.
Plenty of fresh and tinned fruit was available as well as cakes and ice cream for dessert. This is the first hotel I've stayed in where I've not tried to avoid the food, though I'm not vegetarian.

andy
Oh that sounds great. We went to Iberostar Las Dalias in Tenerife, and they had 2 pastas each night, plus separate sauces, always tomato then creamy or bolognese too. Hopefully they'll always have the tomato sauce then! That and chips and salad....then I can get harpooned on the beach!
My mum and dad were there and they said it was great. Nice food and good location.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.