Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I think you will find it worth a visit for a change of scenery as it is a large resort with a very long promenade to walk along and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars.
Hi,

i'm off 2 benelmadena in july too and we've decided this morning we're definately taking a trip to Fuengirola Zoo whilst we're there!

Other places I'd recommend are Tivoli World and Torromilinos (sp?!) Water Park, both great places and will be great for your daughter!

Give me a yell if you want any more info on either place, been to Benelmadena 4 times now!
Don't forget the cable car trip up to the see the coastline all the way down the coast .
My sister in law and family came out to see us, a couple of years ago, and they said the Zoo is execellent, one of the best they have been to.
And yes the cable car and tivioli world are smashing too.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
:ghug
oh the zoo is a must,the food is not expensive in there either unlike the UK.Ther is a show on twice a day,of the animals,go and see it.going in July agan,must visit the zoo at least 3 times a year :lol: Further on from the zoo not far is the big shopping centre,Myama,and a great big Dunnes super storer,worth a visit.Benalmadena has so much to offer,a boat trip is good too on the Marina
The bus will cost you 1 euro 15 cents each,each way,number 120 from Benal
definitely go to the zoo

we havent been since feb 2004 but my eldest son still talks about it !
thanks for the info guys,

We're planning on going to Tivoli World, the Dolphin park and the crocodile park! I'd not heard of the zoo. Sounds like we'll have to go there too then! :)
cheers
(Sorry - this should have been a new thread! :? )

Hi guys,

I'm heading out to Mijas Costa for a few days R & R at the end of July to stay with the olds. I'm in my 20's so any recommendations for water sports, best nightlife nearby (Fuengirola??), how far is Puerto Banus?

Anyone else out there at the same time?

Muchos gracias.
we are going to Benal,adena in Jully aswell, staying in the Jupiter complex. Think we will go to the Zoo . Can anyone give us info on the best way to get from Malaga airport to Benalmadena and the Jupiter complex, we arrive around 10pm so is a Taxi the easiest and if so how much to expect to pay? thanks
I stayed at minerva next door to jupiter last august arriving at around that time, just jumped in a taxi outside airport it cost 20euro
thanks smilee , seems easiest to get a Taxi
The last train goes a little after 10.30 so you would have been hard pushed to have caught it. The taxi will cost you a little more than that now. A friends son came to stay last weekend and he was charged 32 euros - he questioned it (in Spanish) and was told that was the price!!
32 Euro's does seem a lot, maybe the bus would be a better option, anyone know 'bout the bus times / cost / frequency. Thanks again
I have been to benalmadena before plenty of times never paid more than 25 euros from the airport to there!
It sounds like your friend's son was 'done' paying 32 euros! You should never pay more than 25, take the right money and just give it to them, they'll be more than happy :wink:
we always ask the price before we get in and have only ever payed 20 euros.
Depends what time of day you arrive - it does cost more in the evening.
I have to say that the crocodile park was not worth the time and the money. It was s sad park, felt mostly sorry for the animals.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.