Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Istanbul Hotels
16 Posts
ive been twice to istanbul recently but the hotels werent that great so i wont recommend either, but if you want to near the main sites ie hagia sofia, blue mosque and topkapi palace etc then opt for the sultanahmet area. im also looking again for dec , found the mina that looks good from reviews so heres hoping its ok lol, so i might book that , it really depends on what type of hotel you are looking for we prefer the boutique hotels and definitely want to be in the sultanahmet area again
Thanks Ellie-Meg, I've been looking at two hotels the Pierre Loti and Hotel Nena which is a Boutique Hotel, majority of the reviews are very good for both, but I think Hotel Nena might just pip the Pierre Loti to the post.
i saw the pierre loit hotel too, the best prices ive found are on alpharooms or gta, i get 5% cashback via topcashback with alpharooms, which sites are you looking at
I was looking at http://www.istanbulhotels.com. I saw the reviews for Nena Hotel on here initially, then checked Trip Advisor and the
hotels own website. I also noticed that the Pierre Loti was actually cheaper on British Airways own site!
ive just had a look on there and this hotel is a great location and we had a look inside the rooms were lovely, but a bit more than i want to pay grr Muhlisbey Hotel , going to see if they have their own website, 2 mins walk from the blue mosque and hagia sofia lol
yes its opposite the famous four seasons big posh hotel that used to be a prison, we had a look in there too, it was next door to the hotel we stayed in last year that was really bad , so we went in to have a look the rooms were really roomy and grand compared to our awful hotel the med cezir grr, you couldnt get much closer to topkapi palace etc. im just looking for a cheapy as we have been twice in last 10 mths lol we love it so much
We normally stay at Obelisk Hotel in Sultanahmet it's part of Best Western and has a super rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking the golden horne and bosphurus.

:http//www.obeliskhotel.com

It's a converted Ottoman House and despite living in Turkey we always book through Expedia in the UK.

Go twice a year and love Istanbul.

Ian
ian ,looks nice but thats a bit out of our price range 97 euro a night grrr , thimk im going to try the mina as the reviews are great and the price is good £115 for 3 nights and ill get 5% cashback too lol :tup
Hi Ellie.Did you price it through Expedia ? we have never paid that price.

Ian
no i didnt just through its own website, but i find expedia expensive compared to the usual hotel sites i use like, alpharooms, findmeaccom, travel republic,hotels4u etc , thats why i didnt price it but i will lol
expedia even dearer got quote coming out at £385 for 3 nights grrr, thought beginning of dec was low season !!!
We did marmaris this year [it was o.k], we've decided to go to istanbul in may next year. Anyone know any reasonably priced hotels?

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
we are going again in 4 wks and im looking at the mina hotel as the reviews are good and the location, i havent booked yet but will leave a review when i return, my last 2 trips the hotels havent been that great to recommend them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.