General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
just drinks a.i
9 Posts
I do remember the clud del sol apartments in Majorca offering this option when they were self catering only. But I think they are now all inclusive (food and drink). Could be worth a look though :tup .
I've heard of AI drinks packages for cruises, can't say I've come across it before at Hotels. I'm sure if it exists, someone on HT will let you know.
when i have been on the costa brava it certainly looks as if some of the hotels do that already :rofl
i would think that attractive as that type of board would be to some people it would not give the hotels enough profit, or be deemed too dear by the tourists. what would be a reasonable price in spain for example €20 per day?
i can see HB with drinks happening at some stage in the future, as a way to cut costs for both hotels and customers, but drinks only would give the wrong image to any hotel.
Just had a look on first choice website they do still do it they class it as self catering plus.

Vickie
All holidays booked through First Choice as from May 2012 will be AI, half/full board, SC, and BB will have to be booked through one of the others in the group. As stated on the First Choice website.. :tup
The Fiesta group of hotels used to do HB and you could upgrade to AI or just drinks,they probably still do it,we last had it about 4 years ago in Ibiza.
I think in the current climate its going to happen more and more. It is such a shame to be busy resorts dead at night but the euro exchange rate has caused this.

Soft drinks in the daytime are often as expensive as alcohol so a family of four will find it an expensive pastime just sitting by the pool.

I don't agree about the wrong image being given, We stayed at a lovely HB hotel in Greece a few years ago who had a free beer and wine offer to all guests it caused no problems.

I also get the impression from reading forums etc that many people who see All Inc accommodation as places being full of beer swilling drunkards with gin soaked wives have never actually stayed in one??

Yes ok you get the odd ones who take advantage especially on first arrival but having stayed All Inc in many places in Europe and the Caribbean they are the exception rather than the rule.

So trasjohno yes I too think it would be a good idea and one I think we may see soon?

Looks like the dreaded double dip is upon us and the travel industry has still to recover from the last one, I would think all incentives will be examined in order to keep business alive.
If a hotel wanted to have an all inclusive drinks deal, the way that the owners would work out a price for it would be by taking the average drinks bill for past clients and then adding on a large percentage to cover the risk that they would have for future clients.
If you are the type that has soft drinks by the pool and a few drinks before going out in the evening, paying in advance for a drinks deal would be an expensive thing to do.
I would try to find a hotel that had fridges in the rooms, and then buy my drinks at the local supermarkets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.