Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Check out icmeleronline.com/forum I'm sure this resort would give you everything you want.
Thanks for the link -- we are pretty happy with Turgetreis, but less sure about the hotel. Sorry my mistake for the original post being a ramble! I blame it on all the Christmas 'festivities' (will edit it)
Thanks for the great link though - I'll go and have a look as I am sure there will be some great info on there.

:cheers
Friends of ours went to Turgutreis last September and they stayed at the Reishan Hotel, they wanted a farily quiet hotel without entertainment and they said they really liked it there.

There aren't any reviews on HT but have a look at thi slink for some other reviews, it may be the kind of place you are after:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298664-d300945-Reviews-Reishan_Hotel-Turgutreis_Bodrum_Peninsula_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Hope this helps

Kedi
Thanks for that - will have a good look now !

:tup
I'm off to the Kadikale Resort as well, hoping it is fairly quiet but not too fussed if there are children.
I am sure you will love the Kadikale, all of you who booked it, it has some excellent reviews and we have booked for September ourselves, no kids for us either...................can I just say though, wherever you holiday in August, there will be children, (high season,) and even though we go mid September, other countries still have their children on holiday, so unless we all book adult only hotels we can never escape....................

I am sure it will be wonderful, imagine, sitting on a sunlounger, sipping a cool cocktail, soft music playing........................forget the negatives, the positives will surely outweigh them.

Take care. :sun2
Thanks for that - I know it is busy in August but some hotels are more family friendly / geared up to families than others.
Perhaps I'm just getting old and want more peace and quiet :rofl :rofl

Happy holidays everyone

You not getting old Presto, just want what you want..................I know the feeling well for peace and quiet, I know you will be fine, and enjoy every minute, You may have a few seconds of regret though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

One I can recommend for your next holiday, should you come back to Turkey next year? is the Paloma Renaissance in Beldibi (near Kemer)
It is fabulous, been completely refurbed and offers lots of peace and tranquility, August will still have a high volume of kids, but we went mid to late September, and the quiet pool and wonderful beach bar area were just sooooooooooooooooo relaxing. They still have a couple of little problems to sort, the a la cartes booking system is a bit off key and some of the staff are a bit surly, but other than that, I would rate it very very high, and give it a 9 out of 10.

Have a look at it, again can't give links, but google it, and you will see what I mean. Beldibi is a very under used location (which is good) a little town, but easy to get to Kemer and Tekirova and a wealth of history in Antalya.

Hope this helps a little.

TB
Thanks TB ------------------- I want peace and quiet ------------- and I am getting old ;)

Will have a look at where you suggest. I think my problem with Turkey is that all the hotels near the sea seem to be fabulous hotels but generally AI and quite family orientated.

Anyway, off to Lapland in 5 weeks so I guess it will be quiet enough for us and I suppose it proves that I am a kid at heart :rofl :rofl :rofl

Went to Kadikale with our 9 y.o. son August 2009

Most of the kids went in the top pool as that was next to the two waterslides

The daytime entertainment was focused on the bottom pool and so was never quiet in any event. quietest parts were on jetty or by far end of the beach bar

any other questions just post and will reply in due course but not on everyday
Thanks Becky67

Must admit your post is similar to what I've read in a number of posts. To be honest we are moving to putting the holiday off
for another year and going at a quieter time of the year. The hotel does look lovely but I think it would be too noisy for us in mid
August and I don't think we'd find it easy to find somewhere quiet to sit without having to get up at the crack of dawn to get our
towels on a sunbed. (That isnt a criticism of the resort just the way it is anywhere in August !) Have had a tough year to date and know that we just need a really quiet , chill holiday.... am not a morning person so really do not want to be getting up very early to find a quiet spot

Thanks again

I read AI drinks were limited, do they offer cocktails then?
I can't remember if they offered cocktails.

Drinks at bars finished at 12 midnight for AI

Could continue AI in nite club(think till 3am) or there was a cash bar in reception/lobby
You will have a wonderful time....regardless. but can i suggest you try Kusadasi, Villa Konak sometime, there are two but one is a hotel type and the other is just like an old Turkish mansion.

We stayed there it is so quiet and peaceful, they play background music, the owner's are great, cant do enough, but that's typical of Turkey anyway.

They cook beautiful meals at reasonable prices, no kids allowed, we booked it not knowing this so was a surprise when we arrived, its a little haven in Kusadasi.
So very different from any other place we have stayed, very gentile, we loved it so much went back following year
was just as perfect.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.