Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
There's some information for you HERE Canoefreak that may be of assistance to you, have a read through it see if it's of help.
Canoefreak,

do the lottery this weekend mate - it's your lucky day.

Quick answer: The case of Lathrope -v- Kuoni Travel Ltd. June 15th 1999, District Judge Sonnex (High Wycombe) found against Kuoni.

Long Answer: Clauses 15.1 15.2 and 15.3 apply from the Package Travel Regulations. You can reclaim a seventh or a fourteenth (depends on holiday duration) of your ENTIRE package cost - not just the accommodation as the delay caused you to miss a whole day of your holiday.

Kuoni should be ashamed - they set the precedence in court.

Oh, Judge Sonnex also awarded £50 to each pax in addition, to cover inconvenience etc.

Write and point this out and explain you will proceed with a county court case should they fail to pay within 28 days (and that's generous timing). Cheque - not vouchers.

This of course all assumes you had a Package booked with Kuoni. You can also claim off your insurance - subrogation doesn't apply.

Care re. providing food, drink, accommodation - AND two telephone calls or faxes or emails or texts is provided in addition by the carrier usually.

Let us know the outcome.

PM me if you need more specific info.

Mike
But was it the outbound or inbound flight? The poster is not clear. If an inbound flight I'm not sure the same would apply.
Well sussed traveller. I was perhaps getting too excited.

You are correct, outbound would get the one day's element refunded but homeward bound would not.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.