Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
You can read some reviews on Mijas Costa/Cala de Mijas on the Resort Reports (at top of this page).
Hi Blueberry. Lots of nice restaurants at La Cala, with the recently opened Salvador's (next to the sandwich takeway) one of the best. The beach is a splendid one, with maybe a mile stretch of golden sand.
Costa Africa organise all sorts of trips, and although they do not publish prices on their website (possibly because they change over the seasons), I can tell you the current Gibraltar trip is 10 euros, Granada (visit to the Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens) is 38 euros, Nerja 22.50 euros. Ronda (by bus and return by train) 28 euros, Seville 42.50 euros, and Tangiers 55 euros.
Hope this helps. Tony.
http://www.costafrica.com/entradaing.html
Thanks to Tony & Spindles for your advice & very useful information regarding our future holiday destination.
Tony if you happen to log on again & know the web site address of Costa Africa it would be most helpful, as I am unable to locate it on a search engine.
Thanks again to both of you taking the time & trouble to help us out.

Blueberry
It's there now. Sorry, meant to do so in the first place. It's and age thing!
Thanks Tony, I e-mailed costafrica and the have given me details of all excursions & will let me know costs next spring.
Excellent service from them, cheers Tony for all your help.
La Cala is a nice little village, quite a few nice little restaurants, i recomend El Gusto's, beautiful food, Biddy Mulligans is a nice friendly irish bar and can get quite busy. If i were u i would definately hire a car though, La Cala is quite small and although u have everything u need, shops/supermarkets/beach etc, if u're there for a few weeks u might get bored. The buses are ok though and there are a couple of bus stops in the village. Have a nice holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.