Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
christine w,

It all depends where he wishes to travel and with which airline. Most charter companies have aircraft of a similar standard on short haul routes. There's a bit more choice when it comes to long haul, FCA being the best of the bunch at the moment offering the best seat pitch in all cabin classes. In general, scheduled airlines offer a better standard seat pitch, but they may not fly to certain destinations and may be a bit more expensive. Most airlines offer extra legroom seats and some have premium cabins (depending on destination and departure airport), at a premium which can be pre-booked. Thats your only option really.

Darren
If he's willing to consider the Far East as a destination then a number of the airlines will have a seat pitch of 34inces (Thai, Malaysia)as standard. Some offer an enhanced economy with even more leg room (eg Evaair) while others offer business class at reasonable rates.
My husband and I run a semi pro basketball team so are used to travelling with very tall players.

On a recent trip to the US we were travelling with one who was 6'10. When we checked in we advised the check in agents that our player was very tall and could he have extra legroom seating. She took one look at him and gave him the requested seats immediately. Not sure they will do much in advance though - best to turn up early and ask nicely.
If travelling on charter flights cant you pre book the emergency exit isle.

Kind Regards
Stewart
He only travels to europe but still strugles to get a good seat, he`s done Monarch but wasn`t impressed. First Choice always seems to be the best for him.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.