Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Assuming you want Marmaris if you want lively as the other resorts don't come close for nightlife for young people. Grand Pasa is a nice hotel and so is Club nergis. If you go to another resort you will find more families and couples, the younger ones go to Marmaris.
I would avoid club nergis. It is usually full of Russians
Thanks but it's not a lively resort we want but a lively hotel. Not much point in spending out on AI 5* if you are going to pay extra going out :0)
No problem with people from other countries, it's what makes you feel like you are away from home.
:0)
i just have to say surley what makes you feel away from home is getting out and seeing the sight and mixing with the peoplenot staying in an all i nc all day
Not necessarily, that is just your view, it may not be Mrfenders. Many people just want to chill out by a pool in the blazing sun and have all their food and drink easily to hand. Their holiday, their money, their choice.

If you were considering Lykia World, how about the Belcekiz Beach hotel in Olu Deniz? I have been to both and preferred the later over Lykia World, the food was excellent although not quite as 5* as Lykia.

But it is smaller and more friendly and it wins out on location 100% as you are also in the town itself, not a cab ride away.

There is an entertainments team who organise things, it's get loads of repeat visitors who go year in year out. It's in a beautiful setting, looking up at the mountain that they all do the parasailing from, it's also by the main Belcekic Beach (shingly), plus Sugar Beach (sandy) come there to collect people and take them to their beach. It's a few years since I have been so you would need to read up to date reviews on TA incase it has gone downhill. If it's sold out there is another hotel close called the Olu Deniz Beach Resort, haven't stayed there but that is also AI and in a good location. Once again you would need to check up to date reviews.

Doe :sun2
Look at Club Letoonia and the Hillside Beach Club. Similar to Lykia World but smaller.
(It always makes me smile when people get told what they ought to do on their holidays)
Belek or Antalya are the areas for FAB all inclusives. I would highly recommend the Cornelia Diamond Resort hotel. Food and service are first class and entertainment best I've ever seen. Great shows and bands, dancing, disco. There are lots of good ones in this area.
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I did grimace when it was suggested going abroad should include sightseeing.
Done as much as I want of that. My idea of a holiday isn't necessarily what appeals to others but so you know, here's a run down.
Clean hotel with good food/drink, (foreign cuisine is good but don't mind a little bit of British).
Love the water and flumes and prefer the pool to the beach.
I'm not one for lying around sunbathing all day so like to be involved in loads of activities with the entertainment team, particularly in the pool.
Hotel must have something going on in the evenings.
Resort some bars with karaoke or fun & games suits too.
Not bothered about nightclubbing
Never do sightseeing or trips.
Shopping -for fashion clothing eg: Diesel, G-Star, Religion
:0)
The WOW Bodrum resort in Gumbet meets all your requirements. Been twice,it's a great hotel. Lively animation team,pool games,darts,water polo,club dance etc; Excellent food,great service,evening entertainment,disco,beach parties. It's on it's own stretch of sandy beach and a ten minute beachfront walk in to Gumbet.Our 20 year old daughter loves it.
We've just come back from The Letoonia Golf resort in Belek. The animation team are the best we have ever seen when on holiday. Lots of daytime games including pollside games, an olympics day that splits guests into three teams and competes in fun games all day. Foam and fire parties on the beach and the beach bar/disco open until 2am.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.