Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Pretty Petals is in a quiet location, near the Rising Wave restaurant, and is very clean, I wouldn't be telling you, if I hadn't already got my room booked http://www.prettypetalsgoa.com

For photos press View my Media

xx lassi
Thanks lassi.

Keep them coming folks

Papa
We used Casa Seashells by the panjim junction its busy outside but once your in your rooms or around the pool area
you cant hear the traffic its very clean and the gardens are really beautiful we paid 1,500rps a night but if you haggle you'd probably get a discount,rooms are very clean and the beds are the best we've ever had in candolim...

You could try Rising waves their rooms are very nice and a bit cheaper then the seashells thats up the other end of candolim if i think right they wanted 1,200 pn but these prices were for nov 10 would'nt think they'd be any dearer anyway may be cheaper..
Have a look at Caps Corner, it's situated right on the Baga/Calangute border, just off set from the main road. It has it's own website. We stayed there last February/March and found it to be very clean, friendly and welcoming.
Pravin's holiday homes at the back of Calangute just a couple of minutes walk to the market is spotless and they only charge about 850 rupees per night for a lovely studio, I think there are just 4 studios there.
Hi Dont know if you want to go as far as Baga :que but we stayed 3 weeks at the Hacyenda 3 yrs ago and call in there every year to say hello......was very clean and resonable price.......its opposite Cafe Coffee...Good luck only 31 sleeps for us :rofl
Papa,
try Darolinas on Beach Rd Candolim, well within your budget, very clean and comfortable and good location
Thanks folks,

The problem I have been finding is getting replies to emails but I will keep trying.

Papa
try Glens corner...get his website from the hotel reviews on here.....and this is his email which he will answer quickly

glanlobo@yahoo.co.in

rooms are in region of 1100 /- a night...very big rooms and are clean.

50yrds from the beach.

staying there again in just under 3 weeks time
Thanks everyone for all your help.

Have just confirmed most of our stay at Glens Corner (thanks billy b).

Had to book 3 nights at The Braganza but for the rest of the time Glen had a seaview AC room.

Hope its as good as everyone is saying.

Have to say Glens attitude to business seems laid back to say the least. I almost had to force a deposit on him. That in itself bodes well.

Thanks guys HTers come up trumps again.

Papa
Papa.
I think i have the seaview room till 21st Feb....you probably have it after me then.

Glens a great guy and will look after you.
we have just stayed at the White House for 2 weeks. Spotless and very friendly and 100 yards from the beach. Definitely be going back
I like the look of the Whitehouse Hullsmoggy, how did you book it please ?
I am really pleased I started this thread.

What it has shown is there are so many alternatives to the usual package hotel we usually end up choosing.

Our first ever stay in Goa was at a small guesthouse in Sinquerim called Village Belle. Sadly now the owner has died the building is dilapidated and awaiting fresh owners. That first stay remains seared in my memory but for many years we were shoved into the package hotels.

A couple of trips ago we decided to go for a guesthouse and despite the lack of a pool really enjoyed the different feel you get.

Going back in a few weeks and even though we could have had our entire 16 days in The Braganza for around 700 rupees a night we chose to get into Glens Corner as soon as we could for 1300 a night. A lot more but I think it will be worth it.

Not trying to slate the package hotels as they seem to fit a large amount of peoples wishes but as we are going independent this looks really good for us.

Let you all know how it goes as usual.

Papa
Shirley

I just went looking for a guest house because our hotel was so bad and when I saw it i thought it looked OK so had alook round and booked it straight away. I have an e mail address for them if you want me to PM you

Bob
Hi - where abouts is the whitehouse is it in Candolim?
Thanks Hullsmoggy, I would like the email addy if possible as it may come in for future trips , many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.