France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
bumping up for any info please :lol:
janiebaby asked
we are off to france in september , staying with my freind who has moved out there ,
whats the weather like at that time of year

what kind of prices do food and drink command

we are flying to la rochelle airport

Right
Weather changable but warmer than some areas of France
Food cheaper than here in supermarches UNLESS you try for UK brands then expect £1 for a tin of baked beans - oh yes the French don't eat them

Restaurants can be variable but mostly are cheaper except you tend to go for the most expensive dishes when you see the prices and then when you see the sweets you HAVE to have one expect around £40-60 for 2 for appertif, 4 courses and coffee

La Rochelle Airport

What a back of beyond place
arrivals has enough room for one flight
Departures has enough room for one flight
the bar opens 2 hours before the flight
there is no show -- and anyway you can't have duty free it's an internal EU flight

If you hire a car don't expect anyone there when you return it just put the keys in the box BUT on the safe side take loads of pictures of the car before and after just in case it has a scratch -- Oh Yes you are expectted to clean it (inside and out) before you give it back or they will charge you €80 to valet it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.