Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
studios often require deposits,100 euros seems a bit steep if it is per person.
The owners of apartments in Malia suffer a huge amount of damage through the season so they
take no chances.Make sure your daughter and friends check everything in the room with the owner
there and point out all the problems before they hand over any monies.
Rick,
ChrisMCFC,

Thought I'd try and help a fellow blue!

This has happened to me in the past when travelling with a large group of lads. I find it usually happens in resorts catering for the younger crowd.

I've got to agree with Juggernaut. If anything is broken in the room (or not as it should be) make sure your daughter points this out on arrival otherwise they make get stung for something thats nothing to do with them when the room is inspected before departure. One apartment owner tried this on with us and its only because we stuck to our guns and got the rep involved that we got the deposit back.

With regards to the studios themselves, I was in Stalis last year and spent an evening in Malia. I saw the Newcastle studios and they looked like typical Greek studios but seemed quite new. They are situated up near the old town about a five minute walk from the main street of bars and about a 20 minute walk from the beach. If your daughter will be eating out I'd recommend eating in the old town area as there are some fantastic restaurants up there.

Steve
and another tip from another blue !!

as well as checking everything on arrival with the owner, make sure that the maids leave the right number of towels/bedding when they change them and if something's missing report it straight away... friends of ours were two bath towels short on the last day and the owner wanted €30 !!!
Thanks for that lad's shame about the seasons end, but we got 6 points off the rags.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.