Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
MovenPick Taba
16 Posts
hi
we went in May and had a great time, upgraded to a bungalow right on the beach. food good, weather fantastic. have been some recent negative comments on one of the other forums. It is very isolated and yes is next to the Hilton (which looked really dated). some really good snorkelling between the two hotels.
We emailed the hotel directly after booking and used the hotel manager as a contact.
Only negative really were some of the large Israeli families that seemed to have left their manners in Eilat.
We would visit again and have been waiting for the price to come down for May next year.
We had two children with us that also enjoyed it.
as anyone been to the movenpicke taba
I'm going on the 20th January. Well put it like this I booked it a week ago, but I didn't know about the war. I really don't fancy going there now!!!
Movenpick is only 200y from the Israeli border, the hilton is next door to it, and according to reviews there's nothing else within walking distance. I'm trying to change my destination, as it's a little to close for comfort with what's going on over there. Apparently negotiations are to be held in Taba from now on, making it i'd say more of a target!
going to the movenpicke taba in september have been hearing bad thinks about it thinking of canceling the holiday :(
Please Please don't cancel it. We've only been back from there a week and a half. We had the best time. I don't know who's been giving it bad reviews, because for the 2 weeks there we can't complain about anything. And we've stayed in some top hilton hotels in hawaii, sharm e.t.c. The movenpick is even better than the hilton that's next door to it (in our opinion). I would go back there tomorrow. The place is so picturesque, clean, fabulous food, and friendly staff. Have a look at the hotel review I've posted. :)
Hi, so excited we just booked to go to this hotel in 3 weeks time. Never been to Egypt before. Could I ask anyone who has been to this hotel, do they supply beach towels? Would be great to save suitcase room if we don't have to pack them.

Looking forward to some great days snorkelling.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Yes they do. They give you cards, that you exchange every day at the beach or pool for a towel. When you return the towel at the end of the day, you'll be given your cards back. Make sure you look after these cards, because they charge you for the loss of them.
Hi just wondered if anyone will be able to give me some info on the Movenpick Hotel.

We have book to go here in Nov this year and just want to get a little info because the brochure & online dont really give much away.

Just wondered what the rooms were like. Do you get a mini fridge & is it re-stocked daily or every 2 days with water(is so is there a charge) are the beds twin or double (it's me & my best friend going we dont mind sharing a bed but would rather have our own bed each)

Do you get a TV

Do the rooms have safe's avaliable to use

What is the air conditioning like

Whats the bathroom like, shower over the bath or cubical shower, hairdryer

Is the accommodation in block buildings & how high are they

I have been to egypt before and I know it gets very hot so it's nice when the hotel supply water stations dotted around the grounds does the Movenpick have this facility?

Does the Movenpick have it's own speciality retaurants if so which ones & how many times in your stay can you visit them?

Does the hotel supply towels for round the pool/beach?

If anyone has got any info about the hotel that would be fab, it's nice to know as much as you can about somewhere your going to be staying for 2 weeks

Thanks
If you go into hotel reviews, you'll find a couple of reviews on this hotel including mine. Hubby and I stayed there in February 2009 and had a fantastic time. A lot of your questions will have been answered if you look at the hotel reviews.
Hi :tup

As Marlou mentions there are a couple of good reviews HERE

Graham
Dear All

Could anybody give me any useful/good tips on this hotel. We are travelling as a family - young one and teenagers. The views I have been reading are very mixed. We are going at the end of July - I am getting a little anxious now as the last lot of reviews are very disturbing.

Help

DC
Hi and welcome to HT :wave:

I have merged your request in to this existing topic which might be of some help to you.

Graham
Absolutely fantastic hotel. Hubby and I had a brilliant stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back :tup :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.