Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Orada Apartments
13 Posts
Are they the Orada de Marina apartments? If so if anyone has stayed here would they please add their review by Clicking Here

They are at the new marina end of Albufeira which is all brightly coloured buildings. I think it took us about half an hour to walk into Albufeira old town along the coastal road/path.
Yes the ones at the Marina, also i have just got a price off holidaylettings.co.uk for £695 for a 2 bed apt anybody booked with them? seems like a bargain?
I can see the Orada apartments out of my window. There is a small building site across the road from the main entrance and a much larger one on the hill overlooking.

The latter is 200 yards or so away at its closest. Visually it does nothing to enhance the area; it will become yet another mega-hotel.

Whether there is noise disruption down there I know not; on a Monday evening I play football down at the Marina but I guess work has just about finished for the day as I hear only the odd crash and bang. The tinny music from the speakers all round the Marina is more annoying!

I have enough noise of my own as I write as operatives are digging installing new lamp-posts in my street including one outside my front door.
Thanks for the replies, not sure what to do now? as the building work seems a bit close. May need to find somewhere else :)
To be honest I'm not sure that area will have enough to keep your children entertained.
Can you recommend what area will then please,ususally if there is a pool/beach they will be happy but i welcome any advice just don't want to be more than 30-45 mins from the airport
I'm not sure how far the beach is in that area - we only popped in for a mooch as we were staying in Albufeira old town. Could be it's just rocks but am sure those more informed will let you know. It just seemed really quite around that area - to me.
Hi Rob,

Yes, Glynis is right in that the Marina is generally a fairly quiet area!

As for beaches, you are about 20-25 minutes' walk (round the coast past the Old Harbour) from the ones in the Old Town, and in the other direction there are lots of typically Portuguese coves. The first one is Arrifes, which is quite small, but a little further is Praia Grande at Sao Rafael which is a much larger and absolutely beautiful cove. I think it would probably take you at least the same amount of time to walk to these two, and all these walks have their ups and downs. If you want to visit the beach every day a hire car would be the best idea, then you would have the choice of lots of coves and a very long sandy beach at Gale. Otherwise, you could use taxis, which should be easily available in May. I'm not sure about public transport along the coast road, but cubsur might be able to advise you here. I think it's patchy!

It might be better to look at apartments just the other side of Albufeira, e.g. Clube Praia da Oura or Oura View Beach Club which are right on Praia da Oura, another lovely beach. You would not then need a car.

A taxi from the airport would cost about 35-45 Euros one way. It is generally cheaper to pre-book, and I think you will find some recommendations of firms on here if you do a search on airport transfers, taxi from Faro, etc.
Hi Roseweb

Thansk for the advice will take a look at the apts and see what i can find, may then have a few further questions, cheers.
Hi Cubsur, so it is you that uses the floodlit astro turf pitch at the marina :rofl i did wonder if it got full usage !! tell me what happened to all the proposed development behind the marina there was supposed to be proper grass football pitches and many other sporting facilities :clap also on a different note i do miss the old kiosk that was up the hill from the marina; spent many a happy hour there with a beer just watching the world go by with tony the barman playing all the old 60's music,what a sad old git :haha
Yes there are a few of us English and Portuguese who rush around for an hour or so - it only costs €20. I don't know how much it is used in the evenings but there doesn't seem to anyone there during the day.

I was told about the plans for other sporting facilities down near the Marina when I first looked at moving here 3 years or so since. Nothing has happened there as you say. It looks like the money was spent elsewhere, as full-sized astroturf pitches have since appeared in Ferreiras, two next to the stadium and one at Guia.

The cynic in me says the council is waiting for a developer to buy up the land for another apartment hotel. More money in that.
sorry put my reply on wrong posting :whoops talking of guia; coming out in 4 weeks time must check the roundabout at guia on the en 125 to see if the "chicken" statue has landed yet it's certainly taking it's time.the town mayor said it would be insitu before end of year prhaps it's eggbound :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.