Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
You could try Lipsi. Very small with uncrowded sandy beaches. Beautiful old village with plenty of tavernas to choose from. Not really anything in the way of nightlife though. If you want a small island with nightlife suitable for teenagers try Ios.

For Lipsi get a flight to Kos and then take a ferry from Kos Town or Mastihari. For Ios you can fly to either Athens, then get the ferry from Piraeus (its a long crossing though), or fly to Santorini or Mykonos and jump on a ferry. There is an excellent ferry service through the islands linking Piraeus - Mykonos, Paros - Naxos - Ios - Santorini.
Kefalonia, beautiful, peaceful, and, so far, free of lager louts, hopefully forever.
Try Samos, Pythagorion has a few bars and 2 discos you will have to hire a car though to find the right beach
I agree with above - try Samos - Samos Town has a few bars and lots of shops. Yes, you will need a car to find the best beaches but it is a beautiful island.
Pippa
From where I've been in Greece I'd say Lesvos or Kefalonia
Thanks for all your replies. They've been really useful!
kefalonia its just beautiful and read captain corellis mandolin while
you there :D
Hi have visited a few islands :D still working out how many :D however i agree Kefalonia is just to die for :fly
Kefalonia looks beautiful but I'm worried it might be too quiet for the 2 teenage girls
IOS is the island i will vote for. as local i know what is going on there and the young greeks go over. crazy parties, drinking etc. other islands are Santorini, Mykonos
Agree with everyone about Kefalonia, quiet, lovely peaceful, no yobs. Lassi seems to be the only resort that is a bit more lively, but even then not like other Islands.

Been back couple of times and would always go back, again and again.
Not an Island.... but would recommend Parga.. again no yobs, 3 clubs for teenagers to enjoy but nicely soundproofed! quiet beaches within reach by taxi-boat (drop off and pick up arranged with them) other beaches for relaxing and water sports if required and the main beach Valtos has a couple of pools for use by anyone. Tavernas are good and reasonable, great views and something for everyone.[/i][/b]
When are you going???? Tilos would fit the bill if you're going peak season - Mikro Horio bar opens at midnight from mid July till end of August. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7445b/65c79/ My "girls" were 16 & 17 the first time they went and they loved it.
Have a look at Poros. Beautiful setting and very traditional looking. You will need a ferry from Athens to get there. Enough bars to keep teenagers happy. We had accomodation right in the middle of a residential area and I loved that. We arrived to a traditional wedding in the house across the road. Still a place where you see the older locals sitting out on the pavement chatting.
The obvious choice would be one or all of Paros, Naxos, Ios. Easy to get to from Piraeus or Santorini by frequent (4 a day) ferries. Another would be Pythagorio on Samos. You can find deserted beaches on all.
Why has no one mentioned Lesbos? It is a beautiful unspoilt island - Molyvos is gorgeous with a medieval castle built on a hill and everywhere is cobblestoned - a bit difficult if you like to wear high heels as I do! The harbour with its variety of restaurants is very pretty if a bit expensive - better to eat where the locals go.
There are lots of tavernas with fantastic views and even a few music bars which will satisfy the teenagers

Salsababe
i`d recomend angistri, especially milos village on the island. you fly to athens and then catch ferry from pireus. reminds me of greece 20 years ago.
I've been interested to read everyone's replies.

I would love a relaxing holiday with no lager louts etc, but with two kids I feel that we need to go to the more commercial Greek Islands. I love the idea of flying to Athens then getting a ferry to one of the smaller islands, but feel this is not practical at the moment.

Has anyone ever done the smaller islands with young kids, and if so how did you find it?
1`ve also done batsi on andros with three kids, yuongest was only 12months old and the others were 4 and 6. it was a bit of a trek but worth it when we got there. the journey was part of the holiday as the older kids enjoyed the flight and ferry rides. batsi as a great sandy beach and you have it to yourselves almost and prices are cheap. you would have laughed your head off looking at us 4 suitcases numerous bags and a small push chair, a bit like the clampits of the beverly hillbillies but it was worth it honest it`s a lovely resort for families and couples.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.