France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Vendee
10 Posts
I am very envious! Lovely area, with lots of sunshine! Things to do ...

La Rochelle, also the Minimes aquarium, the weather ship, the seafood
Ile de Re
Cognac and tastings
Marais Poitevin - take a flat bottomed boat
Niort - visit the Donjon
Vouvent forest
Saintes - roman remains and good markets

and lots more! Contact the local tourist offices for information as well! A nice part of France with great people.
Don't forget the Velorail
Hi! Don't forget the magnificent Grand Parc Puy du Fou at Cholet either! If you google The Vendee, you should come across Angela Bird's fantastic website dedicated to all things Vendee'en. I did try to post the website link, but got the error message as I haven't got sufficient posts in to be allowed to do so. Sorry!

Have fun here in France, you'll love it!
Oh and if you're doing the Puy du Fou (recommended) visit the Futuroscope theme park near Poitiers ...........
Thank you so much!! I can't wait to get out there now! :D
we are going on holiday to the vendee region. We have been offered 2 holiday parks. Camping les ecureuils at jard sur mer and camping le littoral. i have 3 children aged 15,13 and 8. which one will be better and why?
I only know the ecureils place. I have not stayed on that site but on the one on the other side of the raod. The resort is very small, not rerally a resort just a cluster of campsites and a few shops + a small fairground. The Ecureils opens out onto the beach. The beach is huge (and I mean Ginormous), sandy and stretches to St Jean de Monts to the North down to St Gille/St Hialre to the South. When we stayed there the place was failry quiet even in high season with pleanty of space on the beach if you took the trouble to walk 50 yards away from where the path reaches the beach!
The Vendee region is amasing, full of rolling green hills and great rambles for nature lovers. The countryside is dotted with wonderful churches as well as the famous Loire châteaux and old country houses and mills. You will love it. Have fun!
We came back two weeks ago from our 4th visit to Les Ecureils in Jar sur Mer.
We love it and it is so beautiful. The people in Jard are very friendly too. Fantastic weather (the rest of France had rain that 10 days we were out there)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.