America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
so I rang them only to be told it would be £679 not including the extra driver we need

Wow !!! was that for 2 weeks ? that's an incredible price even if it was for 3 weeks....... presuming you haven't hired a stretch limo, or Rolls Royce of course ! What are they hiring you for that sort of money ?

Just goes to show that the 'free' car is nothing more than a big catch !

Hope you get your booking sorted soon. :)
Yes have sorted through us car rental, only £385 for 8 seater with all included. Will not be taking the 'free' car!!!
Advise to all please check the 'extras' before flying

Lou
only £385 for 8 seater with all included

That's a good price for an 8 seater.

...why not tell you partner you are now going to be treating yourself in Florida with the difference in the £s you've saved, by doing some homework on here :wink:
We were nearly caught out with that too Lou - when we were first booking we saw the free car thing and luckily read the small print and it would've cost a fortune and it was only a Vauxhall Corsa 2 door equivalent! No way! So we booked everything ourselves - cut out the middle man :)
We're probably going to use Usrentacar as was suggested - only because then we'll have piece of mind that we're definitely covered for EVERYTHING if we take the gold plan.
Well thats it booked, all extras included for £386. Thomson are now saying I had to upgrade to an 8 seater from a 5 seater and that will cost more!!! There are 7 in our party so the car should fit us all in, needless to say I am writing a strong letter to them over all this.
Great result girls (oops and Markas :D ) !! :tup :tup :tup

Just goes to show how a bit of research can really reap rewards - I'm sure alot of people would have just stuck with the tour operator and assumed they were paying the going rate.
Well we go tom night so hopefully all will be ok when we get there.
I would say that you should shop around, I do that with most things I buy.

Why pay more for a 'free' car than if you booked direct.

Lou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.