France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
The Moulin Rouge area is Paris 9 as far as I remember, and the area, Clichy, is not the best area after dark......... you could google Paris Restaurants 9 arrondissement, or perhaps pop into your local library or bookshop and look what's mentioned in the Gault Millau or Michelin Red Guide .....

Incidentally I believe the Moulin Rouge does offer dinner and a show as a possibility ......
Hi Kevin

You may also wish to post your question in the City Breaks forum HERE.

Pippy :)
There are some nice places near Moulin Rouge but NOT within 200 metres. Try the end of Pigalle (face MR and go left) until you come to the junction - there are a few decentish places round there.

TBH you'd be better off going behind MR. Look for the Elysee Montmartre, scruffy looking place but packed with history - can't miss it - and go up the street alongside until you come to the lower Montmartre area itself. Plenty of good places around there. Head for Abbesses too and try the main square. Pretty at night time.
A restaurant is integrated in the Bal du Moulin Rouge. Every night at the sound of our orchestra, more than 800 persons of all over the world "Foie Gras de Canard en gelée àl'armagnac" (Foie Gras with jelly and armagnac), Smoked Salmon from Scotland, our "Filet Mignon" of beef with "morilles crémées", our "Carré d'Agneau rôti àla fleur de thym" (lamb roasted with thyme), and "Nougat glacé au miel" (iced nougat with honey), among many other specialities. It is not inexpensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.