France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
It's a lovely part of the world. If you are travelling with the family and want lots of facilities (pools, kid's clubs, sports etc) take a look at Siblu's parcs in Charente Maritime - Les Charmettes (which is big and lively and good if you have teens), La Pignade (much smaller, quieter, but still great fun) and Bonne Anse Plage (I haven't stayed here yet).
Good luck
Thank you :) I will have a look at those tonight

No kids, so maybe the quieter ones would be better :D
Those all look nice to be honest

Planning on doing a week in Calella DP on Costa Brava (quiet), then Castell Montgri on Costa Brava (busier) ... so will probably look to round things off with a quiet week.

La Pignade looks small but very nice, that suits me to be honest. Although, i have to say i'm swayed by the comments 'lots of walks and cycle paths' on the Bonne Anse Plage page on the Siblu website

How do you find the accommodation at these parks?
La Pignade is next to the La Coubre forest, so you can cycle/walk through that, all the way down to the coast. The whole area is good for cycling, the roads are very wide and there are lots of tracks and country paths. Accommodation can be booked through the siblu website. Good luck!
I meant 'how did you find the accommodation', as in 'how was it?' :rofl
Hi
We have just visited Bonne Anse Plage and can confirm that the cycling is excellent. There are segregated cycle tracks in both directions allong teh coast, south past La Palmyre and north along teh Cote Sauvage. Tracks also through La Coubre Forst and inland to Les Mathes.

The site itself is just a mile or so from LA Palmyre. The facilities are excellent and the staff really friendly & helpful. The pool area is very clean & well managed. The site is set among pines. However, parts of teh site are VERY noisy at night as Siblu have erected an outdoor stage which is the setting for nightly entertainment, much of which is deafening.

At the "front" end of the site near the facilities (including the stage) the pitches are very cramped - thi seems to be where many of teh tour operator mobile homes are because Siblu is very focused on attracting new owners.
Got a price for Le Lac de Reves (near Montpellier) and La Pignade (La Rochelle) and it came in as £433 for a week at each, plus a ferry crossing thrown in

Fantastic price i thought! :)
Yay, something to look forward to! I stayed at Lac des Reves with my wife on our first wedding anniversary (I know, old romantic ;) ) and we had a brilliant time. We love that part of France. If you get chance, drive out to St Guilhem le Desert, an artist's town carved into a mountain - much more amazing than I'm making it sound. On the way back, park up near to Pont Aven and make the walk down to the lake, there's a big beach and it's beautiful for swimming in!
Enjoy.
Daley, don't worry i'll be picking your brains on everything to do round there!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.