Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
my moms actually on the trip now,as soon as she is back i will post all about it
HI Hope she is enjoying her holiday, we did. Do tell her to go on the rainforest trip to Kerunda (sorry about spelling) & the scuba diving - it was amazing. Hope she brings you a good present back :)
helenf
I think madge's mum is in New Zealand, not Australia. Hope she's enjoying the trip Madge, I remember you asking about it some months ago in another topic.

Judith
hi all my moms doing the singapore and newzealand trip will let you all know when she comes back thanks all
I went to Newzealand via Singapore in Nov 2006. Great time of year to go. Go Touring were great vlaue for money. Not one complaint to make. Brilliant guide called Alan, we ate lots saw lots and the hotels although all very different were great. We loved Singapore. Reccommend Go Touring for your holiday. We hope to book another destination with them in the future.
Hi,

Our trip to New Zealand with GoTouring is rapidly approaching and so I have another question - whats the best way to carry cash? Travellers cheques in NZ Dollars, Travellers cheques in UK pounds, cash or should I look to take a credit card?? We are going on the 23 day new zealand tour - Will we have time to visit a bank during opening hours in order to change travellers cheques/money?
When I went in 2006 we took travellers cheques but I can't remember whether sterling or NZ probably sterling as we also used them Singapore.. On arrival in Christchurch we were taken to a bank to change some of our TCs into NZ dollars. You will need to change into quite a bit of cash for paying for extra excursions. We took £1800 but brought £600 back. Eating out in NZ is very cheap and the food of very good quality, they put us to shame. I'd give Go Touring a ring to check with them but I'm sure they send you advice on currency etc.
hi ya gorgy mad madges mom here thank you for your help before i went away.
go touring is very hectic coach trips are long maybe some days 8 hours on the coach and early starts. beautiful country new zealand absolutely breathtaking.because of the tight schedule there was no time to take the photos i wanted. i went in june very cold hotels in n zealand swimming pools were only outdoors none inside. alan or courier was brilliant one could not fault him.the trip to foxes glacier was a waste of time in winter we could not go on the helicopter. one could not appreciate the glacier from the view points it just looked like dirty ice on a hillside. i strongly recommend all helicopter flights the sea plane the shogun river boat those for me were the highlights of the holiday on one of our free days i did a ten kilometer walk to the waterfall i am an active pensioner so i like walking therefor i would not recommend this trip for active pensioners. Singapore the hotel was appalling on the lower floors it smells of damp from floor 16 onwards are the better rooms.there is a swimming pool there outside which one was able to use because the weather was hot and humid i enjoyed that the midnight safari was awful the elephant was tethered and shaking his head i wished now i had not paid to go on that trip absolute cruelty i thought it would be like a safari park but no all animals were in confined spaces please dont encourage this cruelty. all in all tho both countries were spotless i ate the local food in singapore what it was i don't know but it was vegetarian i think and i liked it. i suggest if one goes to countries like this to hire a vehicle and go it alone. i would not go on a coach holiday again. the mangement at the hotel however did change our rooms and i think after the flight one needs that break before the flight home. the holiday price was a good one tho the coaches in my opinion were not luxurious. all in all tho it was an amazing experience which i will never forget and i am glad i went
well done with your first post mom and welcome to holiday truths xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.