Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Just googled "jewel in the crown baggage allowance Goa"
and it came up with 20kg from the Jewel in Crown website

So I would think its safe to assume that its 20 kg

GM06
Ian
Have a look at the airline's website of the flight you are thinking of booking......some have an excess charge to take you up to 20Kg
If your with Monarch - it's always been 20kgs
Thomas Cook allowance is 15kgs (I know this sounds :offtop but bear with me).

Some of the Gatwick Thos Cook flights have been xferred to Monarch BUT the 15kg allowance still remains EVEN though Monarch's allowance is 20kgs. Bit cheeky of Thos Cook, IMHO.

Olympic (who also use Monarch flights) is 15kgs of hold luggage.

I've noticed that the OP mentions J-i-t-C in the title but also Monarch, so presumably booking Monarch flights through J-i-t-C.

Here's a link to the relevant bit on the Monarch website:
http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage/hold-checked-in-baggage-charges-charter
which mentions booking flights through a 3rd party and that hold baggage charges may apply with some tour operators.
Also, luggage allowance for a package holiday may be different to flight only.

I'd not assume anything without written confirmation from the company you're booking with.
too late now I booked th eflights only to get anemail from the apartment I booked that the apartment is not available now as my deposit was 1 day late over th exmas and new year period cos I was at work :( some of us work you know, now I am looking for a 2 bed place to stay in candolim and theres nothing :(
That's a real pain, vegasone, I hope you manage to find somewhere.

What was the answer re luggage allowance, btw?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.