Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
You're going on an indecent holiday!!!!!
LOL...Dave!!

Maybe it'll be quite good??? :que
Was that a Low or full deposit Iain .If it was a low one you will still be liable for the extra . Still a saving though . How many of you ?
Hi Lynn..

Thinking about it, I am sure it's a low deposit....but that was the offer at the time of booking. There are two of us going so quite a saving!

I still struggle to understand why they've reduced the price by so much 9 months in advance of the holiday....it just makes people angry and not book with them again.
:cry
I still struggle to understand why they've reduced the price by so much 9 months in advance of the holiday

The tourist industry is based on supply and demand economics - if this holiday is selling badly then they'll reduce the price to try and bump up numbers before possibly cancelling it due to lack of demand. At least this way you still stand a chance of getting the holiday you booked for.

it just makes people angry and not book with them again.

It's clearly made you angry and think of not booking with them again but that is not the way everybody would respond. If I want a particular holiday, on specific dates and it's available at a price that I consider reasonable then I book it rather than miss out on it later because it sells out - or the price goes up which does happen at times with holidays that are selling better than the TO anticipates. Either way, once it's booked I don't check the prices unless I've booked something with a guarantee that they'll price match any drop in prices - why bother is my attitude otherwise? I've committed to paying a particular price - so why upset myself by discovering that if I'd been willing to gamble I could have got it cheaper nearer the time? On the other hand, if I'm fairly easy about what I want then I do take the chance, leave it until later and just choose from whatever bargains are available at the time.

But are you really sure that it is Cosmos that have dropped the price? Perhaps they always were selling it at this price on-line and your problem might be with Airmiles for charging more than you could have got it for the first time around. In this instance if Airmiles were acting as booking agent then it's pretty common to find that different agents are selling the same holiday at different prices from each other. If they didn't do this, why would some of us put so much energy into shopping around? I used to regularly use a small independent TA precisely because they had lower overheads etc and would often offer me a discount on the price they were being quoted in order to secure the booking from a regular customer. Airmiles has no need to generate your goodwill - they have plenty of plenty of customers and don't need to try and encourage loyalty from a small regular clientele as the TA I used did.

SM
another good post from Sma. RE Airmiles- I gave up using them when I found that they were actually charging me more money for a room than the hotel themselves. So I was supposed to give up airmiles and pay more :que
Back to this year- we booked and paid upfront for a hotel in Thailand a few months back. Since then we have had the unrest. I am not going to look at the price for my hotel now. Thing is - I was really pleased with the price I got when I booked and thats what I hold on to.
Generally speaking, if you use any kind of "free" points etc , the provider will charge the full brochure price with no discounts.
I booked a Cosmos holiday using Tesco vouchers and had to pay full price, it was fairly marginal wether I saved money or not.
On the main point, I agree with previous posts, make your decision and stay happy with it!
Although I confess I do check to see what has happened to the price afterwards ;)
Is a holiday really about getting the absolute best deal, or is it about getting what you want at a price you are happy to pay?
Another thing to remember is, no matter how little you pay there will always be the "person" on the next sunbed who got it cheaper!
(don't you just hate 'em)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.