Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
FlyWho!
32 Posts
this looks great. Costed it out and silver is not that much more expensive than BA. I will add it to my favourites. However, at the moment it doesn't have US destinations I would be going to in the near future. I wonder if they will add some?
i think the airline is just focused around Florida at the moment. Thats what it initially was set up for. I visited the stand at the Destinations Travel Show and they said that it would never expand past Florida.
Shame! I don't really fancy Florida. However, I am forever helping others with holiday planning so it should still come in useful.
Yes, certainly not a service to be messed with, theres nobody else offering Business and First class only, but will it work.
Yes I think it will. I particularly like the Silver out/ Gold in combination. Business class is way out of my budget and this looks a great compromise. Now if they went to San Fransisco, New York, New Orleans,Boston or Las Vegas- I would def be interested!
if they were to go to those destinations especially on the West they would need different aircraft to the A310's they are suggesting currently.
It seems this outfit is attempting yet another launch this July. I think this is the third time they have tried to launch.

Has anyone actually booked with them?

If so - what fare did you get?

I notice that their web site shows a A310 as the operating aircraft that flashes over the top of the screen. Heard that in fact they have bought an old L1011Tristar that had been in storage.
sounds good and having now reread the hold baggage allowance its a massive 30Kg per person !
This looks great - a huge improvement both in cost and service on Virgin.

Hope they do well.

Pipppa
I am still undecided on flywho. They are supposedly flying in June, and apparently have good bookings. However, there is still no on-line booking, and no advertisements, so WHO (get it?!) knows where all these booking have come from.

Furthermore, there is still no word on how the flights are actually going to be operated. Either they are going to get their own Air Operators Certificate, acquire aircraft and fly it themselves, or they are going to charter another company to do their flying. However there has been no official word from flywho either way.

As of now they don't have an AOC, yet they haven't said anything about any charter company either. One would hope that if flying is starting in June this would all be in place, and there is no reason for flywho to hide it - if anything telling everyone the plans would make them all the more credible. Somehow I find there silence rather worrying.
Although there isn't a true online booking process you can complete an online form with your flight requirements and submit online - they say they will contact you within 24 hours.

The first flight is planned for 8 July (to Orlando).

If I was going to Orlando this year I too would wait to see how this develops before booking with them - I understand that they have had a false start or two.
Have not been able to get much more information on the FlyWho operation. It has been suggested that an L.1011 Tristar is in the process of being wet leased...however from who seems to be a mystery - (rather apt with the name FlyWho!).

Major problem of course of operating only one aircraft and an ageing one at that is that delays due to technical reasons can be significant.

Nivsy
Too risky.
Why put your money on something that has yet to leave the ground and the only thing on their web site that looks real are 4 seats in a bit of a mock up of a cabin.
Let others be the pioneers if it gets going and after six months then maybe give it a go. You know it makes sense :D :D

Terry
Did anyone see Watchdog last night ? They ran a story saying that people who have booked with them have had flights cancelled, and have yet to receive refunds. Still no flights , even though they still seem to be taking bookings. Nicky Campbell interviewed the owner of the company. It was one of the strangest interviews I have ever seen.

If you go to the BBC Watchdog page and click on the "holidays and leisure" you will be able to read the story.
I missed watchdog but have heard it was all a bit bizarre. Flywho have announced no less than 3 start dates now and have deafulted on all of them, yet still seem to take peoples money. And the fact people are still waiting for refunds isn't really fair.

Strangely they have now put "As seen on TV" on their website. It follows through to a page explaining their side of the story.http://www.flywho.com/watchdog.asp

Still wouldn't give them my money I'm afraid.
How can they say on their website that they have "many happy customers" when they have never actually flown anyone anywhere? A very bizarre statement.

Here is Watchdog's take on the story :-
click here.
Hubby heard yesterday that FlyWho have ceased trading (again!!)
There is something not quite right with this operation, judging by their website. If you click onto the timetable no flights are showing. In the FAQ section, if you click onto the question "is my booking protected with ABTA or something?" there is no answer. Also there is this statement :-

CANCELLED FLIGHTS
http://www.flywho.com/cancelled.asp

I think the words " 30 foot bargepole" come to mind .
I have just looked again at the Flywho website and they are now showing flights starting late March , both to Orlando and St. Petersburg. But if you click on the FAQ about any form of protection for your booking, there is still no answer.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.