Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Best to open a Nationwide account. You don't get charged for taking money out :wink:
no problems finding cashpoints! I tend to have a mixture of ways of paying. I use a travellers cheque card in the ATMs, use credit cards whenever I can ( and that is easy both in BKK and KS) and have also taken sterling to change.
Thats great thanks for all your help. I think I will do as I did in Turkey last year and use the cashpoints. Although may take some travellers cheques just in case my card gets swallowed! I have a credit card aswell as back up so should be O.K. Right got to find some insurance now! :wink:
Hi fiona
In your post here you mention a travellers cheque card. Had not heard of them until today. Travelling to Bangkok and Hua Hin soon. They seem a great alternative to travellers cheques. I am sure there will be plenty of ATM's in Bangkok that will accept these. But what about Hua Hin?
There is a choice of loading the card with USD, Euros and sterling. Any suggestions which would be the best.
Thanks.
I loaded with sterling. The company you are thinking of getting a TCC from should be able to tell you which cashpoints will accept the card.
here is the website Amex gave me for checking.
Loads of ATM's and agree with Pam's answer earlier that a Nationwide Flexaccount card is ideal as there are no charges. I work out here in S E Asia and have used it everywhere for both purchases and cash withdrawalls.
Spot on Pam and Tam,

I use a Nationwide Flex Account extensively when travelling - no commission charge and no fees (although local ATM providers may make a charge).

Stick to Bank ATMs with the VISA sign and you won't go far wrong.

Regards

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.