Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Old town
10 Posts
Hi, The Old Town is not too far for you to walk from the Pueblo, you would be best to walk along the front, it is flat and you won't have to negotiate kerbs. It is a lovely walk, it's difficult to say how long it will take you as it depends how fast you walk. (I'm a sprinter so it doesn't take me very long :lol: )

You could always walk it there and take a cab back. Taxi's are very accessible and it would only cost you a few euros.

Have a lovely time.

Sue :)
Hi Ali.
Benidorm is ideal for wheelchairs. Nearly everywhere is flat, if I were you I would walk back as taking the power pack off can be a bit of a pain can't it?

Have a great time.
Lizzie.
It's about a five minute walk down to the promenade and then twenty minutes to half an hour along it. If the Spaniards are out in force, maybe a bit longer as they walk v...e....r...y s...l....o...w....l....y and ten abreast :)
The most attractive and interesting parts of the Old Town are at the top of a steep incline. If that was likely to present any problems, I would take a taxi from Hotel Pueblo, asking the driver for Hotel Canfali, the Mirador, or the Chapel of San Jaime, all of which are well known and in the same elevated position. From there you can explore the best bits, and then make your way back downhill through the Old Town and then on to the more level streets leading back to the Hotel Pueblo.

But if those inclines are not going to be a problem either on foot or in the wheelchair, then the route recommended to the Old Town via the wheelchair friendly Levante promenade may be your best option, avoiding busy traffic streets and junctions.

In case you haven't seen it, Sanji has just uploaded a videoclip of Benidorm Old Town to our Photo Galleries .....please click here.

David :wave
Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

You're right, Lizzie, about the power pack - they're great in use, but not so easy to remove and lug around as they say! I'm sure it's going to be fun for me at check in with that.....

From all the descriptions you've all given me, I'm sure we can walk there and back. You should have seen how far we got in Tenerife with NO power pack! I needed a vent hole in my skull, I got so over heated...

Thanks again

Ali
David with a power pack you can go anywhere they are brilliant, we very often take our Mom up to the Church, only problem is coming down you have to hold on really tight to the chair!

Lizzie.
Lizzie ... I was thinking more of poor Ali, having to try and keep up the wheelchair as it nips uphill to the viewpoint at the Canfali :wink :lol:

David :wave
Hi all

Just got back earlier today, after a great week - very, very hot! Jumped in the pool, fully clothed, on several occassions after pushing w/chair for several hours!

Walk to old town and back no problem at all - went a few times. But couldn't explore much because.....

Power pack absolutely trashed by baggage handlers, so had none all week. Have put in a claim against them and I will leave it on the chair next time.

Hopefully, we're going again Oct/November.

Ali
we go to benidorm normally twice a year wife has to use a wheel chair i always hire an electric one from BHSS in benidorm the baggage handlers at alicante trashed her push type wheel chair
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.