Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi, My first time was Christmas 1997, and have only missed 1 Christmas since, the main changes have been in the Rincon de Loix area. there are loads more Hotels, Apartments and Bars on the road to Benidorm Palace, and there have been a lot of buildings put on the hillside up to the cross, and they are still buiilding up there, what a shame!! it really is spoiling this lovely spot.

Lizzie.
Hi all, it is just about exactly 20 years since I went to Benidorm and yes, jojodunit, I do remember Fartuncles!It really was the Canines place 2 be. I was with my wife to be (called Jo...) but apart from that it was top. I think the place we stayed was called Europa gardens apartments, not too far to stagger back from Farties, and if my addled memory serves, the main man's name was Jeff. The best of it was you could sing all this banter but it was all good natured, I don't recall any trouble at all there.If I die from liver failure I will never hold it against Farties(or any of the other places we went).
Happy days!!
We first visited in the year 2000 and my initial reaction was "my god, what a dump" we arrived 2am at the Torremar with a bus load of pensioners and us with a18month old. Hubby left me with our cases and the buggy to help the old dears with their cases, one of them wanted to keep him!! He's still here :wink: After a few days you don't notice the high rise tower blocks and ended up having a great holiday. I can remember walking back from the aqua park and they were just building the Levante, Flamingo Oasis and the Melia. The following year when we went back they were just about finished and I thought they looked really high and scary.( don't like heights).We stayed at the Primavera Dos.
We returned again in 2005 to the Regente and I must say we saw a great difference in the type of holiday makers, quite a lot of stag and hens, which towards the end of the first week we tried avoiding like the plague. So when we returned home we booked the Flamingo Oasis in the hope to avoid them but alas they were everywhere. I must say the Majority of them were very well behaved but when you have children you don't want them to here what everyone got up to the night before :shock:
Because of this we are giving Benidorm a miss for a few years. Stelios has a lot to answer for :evil:
CazzMicknTom wrote:
Stelios has a lot to answer for

How do you mean? In what way? Benidorm is Benidorm, Mr Stelios has nothing to do with the popularity of Benidorm.
Cheap flights BHIC,Stelios Poly whatsisname owner of Easyjet, must I go on.
I'm not getting into a debate with you as that's all you seem to be doing lately, that is my opinion to which I'm entitled!
CazzMicknTom wrote:
Cheap flights BHIC,Stelios Poly whatsisname owner of Easyjet, must I go on.
I'm not getting into a debate with you as that's all you seem to be doing lately, that is my opinion to which I'm entitled!

I'm sorry, but I think you have misunderstood my question. I was not trying to get into a debate with you or anyone, I appreciate you are entitled to your opionion, I was merely asking what Mr Stelios had to do with Benidorm as I did not understand your posting, that is all :cry:
CazzMicknTom wrote:
quite a lot of stag and hens, which towards the end of the first week we tried avoiding like the plague

I just did not understand what this had to do with Stelios, that is all. What is the problem with that? I only asked a straightforward question (IMHO), I was not trying to antagonise (spelling) you.

BHIC wrote:
Benidorm is Benidorm
I said that meaning that you cannot stop large groups of all male or all female 'parties' from going to Benidorm. That is all I was saying, and I simply did not understand where mr Stelios came into the equation. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.
Mr Stelios has nothing to do with the popularity of \Benidorm

But he has a hell of a lot to do with hoards of stags and hens bombarding into Benidorm because of his cheap flights. That was my point!
END OF!!!!
CazzMicknTom wrote:
But he has a hell of a lot to do with hoards of stags and hens bombarding into Benidorm because of his cheap flights. That was my point!
END OF!!!!

Thanks for your PM's.....glad we got it sorted. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.