EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Mark I am currently trying to set up an offshore with Lloyds and they want all sorts of ıdentıty crap yet I have been with them for 33 years. Did you have to go through all that or did they do it for you going on your previous history with them.
Hi

its a standard thing now - all part of money laundering operations - even if you have an account with Lloyds in the UK, offshore is separate - they normally want notarised copy of passport and form of address - is that what you have been asked for ?

In my case it was opening a new account, but within the same office, so no problem at all
yes thats what I have to get plus utillity bills etc but it annoys me slightly especially with a 20 year history of British military to my name (all of this time the bank where sending statements to my units) So I dont think I am a likely terrorist suspect. Its all a pain in the butt thoughI suppose I will have to do it.
utility bills are for proof of address - as you say, a pain, but its not their fault - they are obligated by law
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.