Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The best is maybe Carrefour, but it's quite a hike. There is a good "cheapie" close to your apartments, a bit like Aldi, which seems to be used by a lot of expats/etc. It's just passed the Melia on the opposite side of the road. Can't remember it's name at the moment, but I'm sure someone will give it. It's next door to the big toy shop.

For your Bacardi, have a look HERE, sometimes they have good offers on. It's on the same road as the above mentioned "unnamed" supermarket. :lol:

Robby :wink:
The suermarket is called Plus, mercadona is also good but it's nearer the old town.there is also a bodega on the same road as Plus nearer the beach end it is cheap for spirits
The "Consum" is a good one it's right at the top of the square on the same road as the pueblo. :D
I agree, the "CONSUM" is a good cheapish mini supermarket, but the only thing I find is the staff, chiefly the checkout staff are a bit 'offish'. But don't let that put you off from shopping there.

I also agree about CARREFOUR, and yes it is a bit of a trek, bit I think local buses go there.
If you're anywhere near that Plus supermarket you'll find a coupleof others close by. On the opposite side of the road but farther down near the Regente and that bodega someone's mentioned there's a largish one called Dia Dia
Go a bit farther down and round the corner past Iceland there's another supermarket- can't remember the name - below street level. There used to be an entrance from the main road through a cafe but it isn't there now.
The No 12 bus goes to the Carrefour supermarket. Taxi back is not too expensive either.

If you're going there it may be worth having a look round the La Marina shopping complex. There are some nice shops in there, and a few restaurants on the top level.
I always use that Consum place. I think the only reason the staff can be a bit crabby is that us Brits tend to pile in just before they are due to close up for the their afternoon break at 2 o'clock! If you are buying water remember that the price difference for one of the big "square" bottles, between a supermarket and a small local shop close to your apartment might only be ten cents. Is it worth lugging it any distance in the heat for that money?
Slightly off topic, but on the subject of bottled water, it's worth remembering that you get what you pay for.

I've had the huge bottles at a euro (sorry I can't remember the fluid capacity) and by the end of the holiday I have had to descale my travel kettle....the element being furred up inside.

On my last visit I bought a couple of "medium sized" bottles at a time, that were more easier to carry and the cost was 80 centimos per bottle, which compared to the huge bottles at a euro is expensive, but the kettle element was a clean as the day it went and consequently didn't need descaling....or my stomach :lol:

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.