Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Mytravel generally use a Boeing 757-200 (on ocassions an Airbus A320/321) for the canaries flights, service is pretty good, meals are ok, and the aircraft have inflight entertainment too. Good all round, have a great holiday.
I'm off to Lanza on 28th July with MyTravel - first time using MyTravel - I was a bit wary after a few bad reports about delays/changes etc, but I booked anyway - and already they've changed my flight!!! It says in the 'small print' they have to notify you in writing if the change is more than 3 hours - so they've changed it by 2 hours 50 minutes... :roll: I only discovered this when I got my final invoice the other day and looked at it and thought "that's not my flight..."
Anyway - it's not a huge problem, just glad I hadn't paid extra for a better flight time in the first place. I was just wondering what the seating arrangement is on their Airbus - is it 3-3-3 or 2-3-2? We were on a Monarch Airbus last year and I was surprised when it was 3-3-3, I didn't know they made them that big! There are 3 of us travelling and we would like a window seat but on a smaller Airbus that would mean us being separated across the aisle. Obviously a 757 wouldn't be problem.
Wonder if anybody can offer some good advice, looking for flight only to lanzarote either the 26thdec or the 27th at the moment coming up a bit steep is it best to wait or book early? whos the best value have to go from manchester or lba
I've been having a little look and I can only find flights departing on the 28th. They all seem to come out at approx £300 pp. First Choice were the cheapest as they have a choice of flights. BA, Thomas Cook all seem to be about the same price. Charter flights may get cheaper nearer the date but scheduled ones get dearer. Also you run the risk of not getting what you want - popular time for the Canaries.

Pippa

Just had a look at Thomson who fly from Manchester or Leeds Bradford on the 27th - approx. £350pp
As Pippa says, at the moment only Thomson fly to Lanzarote on a Weds. Most flights are on Thursdays. Over the Xmas period a lot of the flights will be for a 2 weeks break flying on 21st December. There are a number of extra flights out during that period, but, if it is anything like this Xmas past, some flights got consolidated at the last minute, so flight changes were happening very close to departure dates :( The flight schedules will not have been finalised this early in the year, so perhaps wait a bit longer, or book a flight which is a definite year round departure? Prices won't come down until very close to Xmas, and usually only once all the accommodation has been filled!!!!

P:S: How did that link for the TO get into my reply :o
P:S: How did that link for the TO get into my reply

It's an automatic link when the name is typed in.
Has anyone been through this airport ?

If so is it any good and what sort of facilities have they got there ?
Been to Lanzarote twice. Nice airport, gets very crowded on Thursdays, but bearable :wink: Not much to see in arrivals, just get your bags, get your taxi/coach and go. Departures is OK, a good selection of shops and you can always manage to get a seat, we were there on a Thursday in August and we found somewhere to sit for a while after we'd huffed and puffed around the duty-free shop.
Any tips for best prices ect looking to go in October many thanks !
Have a look at :

skyscanner.net or

flightmapping.com

These will give you the cheapest for each days with selected airlines.
Try: airflights.co.uk
Try http://www.xl.com remembering to use the discount code 'telegraph' gets u another £15 off.
a flight with xl to lanzarote from newcastle on 8th feb using tesco in promotion box is working out at £72 for 2 people,theres at least 9 seats available at this price,cheers kev
the thing i like about aricefe airport is thats its not far to the resorts which ever way you go up or down
When I Flew From Man-Fue We Got A 767 From MYT111 & 112 =)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.