Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We are going to Calas De Mallorca in August for the second time.

My son will be 12 and my daughter 8.

Read the resort reports below

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/calas-de-mallorca/

Elaine x
hi for last 3 years we re gone to palma nova in august its lovely there clean and friendly .plenty of family friendly bars ruby tuesdays is really good hope this helps
Cala Bona is lovely mostly British,lovely harbour and promenade. Resort is compact and you feel safe on a night whatever the time. Your boys would be able to do there own thing but still be close to keep an eye on them. I am biased but I have been to Puerto Pollensa ans still prefer Cala Bona. CBG
Cala Bona is a lovely resort. I would say there are actually slightly more English that German tourists especially towards the harbour. The harbour is a lovely place to relax at night and mostly traffic free so very safe for children.

The beach at Cala Bona itself is not perfect (a bit rocky underfoot in places) but the beach at Cala Millor is lovely (it's hard to say where Cala Bona ends and Cala Millor starts). The prom linking Calas Bona and Millor makes a lovely walk on an evening. There's mini bikes and carts for the children for hire but given your son has broken is leg twice this year - they might not be such a good idea :oops:

The nightlife is not as late as some areas of Mallorca - most of the bars quieten down considerably after midnight so you're unlikely to have your sleep disturbed.

My children have been going for the last five years and love it (they are 14 and 16 now) - only downside is the lack of a water park - although I always book a day excursion to the one in Arenal.
dont worry most of the german toursits are great and speak very good english.....unlike us lazy brits....
Cala Bona will be great for your family...and ifyou want it a little bit lively..Sa Coma is a cheap taxi ride away....
puerto pollensa is delightful with a superb promenade and such a great choice of restaurants, nightlife is v laidback but alcudia is a short ride away, both resorts are nice but i prefer the options in pp
Hi

PP is smaller than Cala Bona/Millor and I would say (not being posh) but a bit more up market :wink: .

We prefer PP and will be returning 7th Aug with 14 yr old son who I feel is safe in this resort (no lager louts).

PP has nice prom, lots of restaurants, nice square area, great sandy beaches.

Good holiday hunting :) .

Rgds

Dave
Thanks to everyone for your very helful replies, much appreciated.

I think the only problem I might have is in finding good quality family accomodation in C Bona, I have been pricing up on line (always do DIY) and it seams the ones that have good reviews are not really for children. I was looking at Floriana but more recent reviews are not so good, could get a good deal at the Bonamar which sounds good, but not really for kids.
Maybe I should look at P Pollensa Hotel reviews and see what the prices are like.

It's great doing DIY holidays, but there is soo much choice you can spend days searching the net...(when I should really be doing so many other things) :lol:

Happy Hols to all!
why not give us all your details ie dates airport how many. how long ect and let people on this site do it for you...we all can become travel agents then
We are thinking about going to peurto pollensa next year and as my husband is in a wheelchair could any of you give me info about the accessibility. I know the prom is flat but what about the bars and restuarants. Will we be able to get in or are there steps etc. Any info will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Stocktonmackem
Mostly all bars and restaurants along the main promenade - Paseo Anglada Camarasa -and in the church square have terraces which are no problem for wheelchairs, and generally if you need to go inside there are no steps or impediments. The main road from the roundabout - Juan XXIII - would be more tricky as would the other promenade - Paseo Saralegui - unless you use the pavement on the beach side. Where are you thinking of staying in Puerto Pollensa?
Hi
We are thinking of staying at the Ipa cervera apartments. The one we are thinking of hiring is purpose built for disabled so that is not a problem. It is in the centre of peurto pollensa and 50m from the pine walk. .thanks for any help.
Cheers
Stocktonmackem
That should be fine. The pine walk extends into the main promenade, which is quite wide and easily negotiable. By the Hotel Daina on that promenade, you can cut through quite easily by the side of the hotel to the church square.
Thanks Andrew.
If you can think of anything that is of any help i would be pleased to hear from you
stocktonmackem
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.