Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I'm not aware of any building work in the immediate area of Alto da Colina; went past it yesterday and nothing struck me.

The old town centre is still a bit of a mess down by the 'Fishermen's Beach' area but that is supposed to be finished before the main tourist season.
Thanks that makes me feel better, there is a new hotel being built and that seems to be what people are posting about.
Alto Da Colina are definately building an extension/new block but i've no idea if the work has started or how it will affect things at the minute.

They are offering All Inclusive next summer and i e-mailed them to find out where the buffet restaurant was as there wasn't one when we were there last year and the reply was that it would be in the new building.
This isn't their work, it is the new hotel next door. I am VERY cross at first choice who are ringing their customers 48 hours prior to travel to warn their customers when they know months before. Terrible customer service. I only found out off this review site.
Hi Suzy, sorry only read your PM yesterday. There is a new building going up but from what I could see it was next door and is now built to the shell stage, its quite deceiving as to whether it is connected to the Alto Da Colina when you are passing in a car and you cant really have a good look. Hope this doesnt mar your holiday and have a lovely time. Cheers Jayjan
Thanks jayjan! Hope it doesn't spoil the holiday but am still looking forward to the break!
due to go to the alto mid july, keep seeing lots of reports about building work, spoke to holiday company who are denying it, if anyone has been and can let ne no what it is like that would be great
Vicky they are building next to the Alto Da Colina & the building is up to the shell stage dont know how disruptive it will be for you. I think sueeliz has just come back maybe she can help you if you PM her. Cheers Jayjan
Vicky they are building next to the Alto Da Colina & the building is up to the shell stage dont know how disruptive it will be for you. I think sueeliz has just come back maybe she can help you if you PM her. Oh dear double take , having problems with the website sorry. Cheers Jayjan
  • Edited by jayjan 2007-06-12 21:18:26
Here is the e-mail address for the hotel.

The person who moniters this is called Goncala and he is also a member on this forum and has posted messages on here about the Alto Da Colina in the past.

colina@mail.telepac.pt
how did you get on at the alto, ws there much building work going on?, due to go in july would love to hear from you
building work is minimal to be fair, it is a buliding site but quite far away and hardly any 'views' of the cranes. Infact they hardly did any work when we were there!!!

Anything else you want to know? Just pm me...no probs. Hope you have a good break.
Hi Suzyyy hope you enjoyed your stay at the Alto and the building work didnt spoil your hols. Cheers Jayjan
Hi Jayjan, yeah it was lovely and the work not a problem....after all my worrying!
had a great time at the alto, building work not to bad weather lovoly would go back again
But the entertainment was awful....they sang home and away and neighbours theme tunes....should be sacked!
:P glad to see entertainment at the alto has not changed we went 2 years ago and it was attrocious they had a drunk guitarist playing anything from tom jones to diana ross and we didnt realise as we turned up about 10.30 after being out but he had been sick in the bushes hlf hr b4 we came back wondered why know one else was joining in!!!!!!!! luckily we can laugh now looking at the photos of him on our laps. YUK
:lol: :lol: :lol:
At least that is funny....these reps were so awful and at least one thought she was amazing!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.