Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We have unfortunately booked into these in january! I doubt we will be going
they sound like hell. Does anyone know of any decent ones in agonda?
Oh dear, im glad you wrote this report as I came across the site for those huts and they do look good on there. I shant bother now and stick with Madhu huts as I know of plenty of people that have stayed there and have nothing but good to say about them.

Heres the link for anyone interested.

http://www.madhuhuts.com/
i sent a link to this page to the bloke that runs the runs and i got a relpy off him today
lol
it said thank you for your comments
regards

:que :que :que :que

couoldnt beleive thats all he put
hello
we have used deay tripper before,and you are right they are great,they went out of there way to make sure thye trips were spot on,but didnt they they did trips to beach huts,most of the time we like to do things independently and dont have problems,this is a first
I've been to Praia de agonda this december, I spent there the New Year's Eve...it has been a nice experience! wooden huts have basic amenities, but the place is amazing, charming! The staff has been really nice! The beach and the surrounding nature is simply beautiful! It's a nice place to relax and chill out with friends!
I'd heard back in November that P de A was very disorganised by some musicians that were booked to play. They said that the whole operation was shabby and badly managed. I wouldn't pre-book anything in Agonda as there seemed to be a huge amount of shack building back in Nov'.

Agonda for some reason has got very expensive, probably because it is less spoiled than Palolem.
I had seen this thread before we arrived in Agonda in there in early Dec and we wandered past. Admitedly we didn't look around inside the huts, but the websites make them look a more flash than they actually are and I would have been disappointed for the money having looked at the site.

There is plenty of choice in Agonda so don't be afraid to just turn up and have a look at a few before making your mind up. If you don't fancy a hut we stayed in a little place called Druv's about 100 metres passed Sandy Feet (approach by the road) which has 3 rooms with attached bathrooms. We paid 300 per night in Dec for 1 of the rooms. We had use of the fridge and a communal seating area if we wanted it. Stay in either the middle room or the back room as the front room has the most tiny bathroom.

Cheers
Sian
I have lived in Praia De Agonda for 2 weeks. Unfortunately i couldnt meet the owner as he was away on business. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, and so was the food.
I am really surprised by this unseemingly long, loud and vindictive report by someone apparently targetting the business of these poor chaps trying to struggle for a living.
What exactly were you looking for when you checked into a "hut"?? a 5 star perhaps. Then maybe you should have booked into one.
I strongly advise the moderators of Holiday truths to look into these comments before publishing them. The shack owners are not capable of defending themselves. I have been a vistor to Inda and Goa now for 15 years and i have never yet had an experience as described by "cartman".Praia De Agonda is a well planned Beach camp site and the huts are lovely.Pl visit. I would recommend them.
I have just returned from Goa - Agonda Was living at this simply wonderful place called Praia De Agonda. The rooms are extremely economically priced Rups 400/500.
My stay was for 2 weeks and i thoroughly enjoyed it. They even have some lovely acoustic sessions and there's a chap who does a reggae night on sundays.
A Must Visit this place :)
The shack owners are not capable of defending themselves.

No - but they can get helpful souls like you to do it for them. :think

Cartman did say, that they had stayed at other beach huts - so I am inclined to believe that they were informed beech hut guests and not first time novices.
you needn't worry about the modding here. One of the things we do is check to see where the posts or potential reviews come from.
If you are thinking of a posting on our hotel review section please note that we don't accept reviews from the same place as the hotel. This is so that we can do our upmost to ensure that reviews are unbiased. Feel free to review though once you have returned from your holiday :) I'm sure that what someone loves, another one hates. That is why the forum is so useful. You can read the comments and decide for yourself.
Max13biker wrote:
The shack owners are not capable of defending themselves.

No - but they can get helpful souls like you to do it for them. :think

Cartman did say, that they had stayed at other beach huts - so I am inclined to believe that they were informed beech hut guests and not first time novices.

thanks for the comments max,as you say this was just our opinion as we saw it,after being going to goa for over 15 years and 30 + visits we are certainlly not novices,lol

arthur1408 wrote:
I have lived in Praia De Agonda for 2 weeks. Unfortunately i couldnt meet the owner as he was away on business. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, and so was the food.
I am really surprised by this unseemingly long, loud and vindictive report by someone apparently targetting the business of these poor chaps trying to struggle for a living.
What exactly were you looking for when you checked into a "hut"?? a 5 star perhaps. Then maybe you should have booked into one.
I strongly advise the moderators of Holiday truths to look into these comments before publishing them. The shack owners are not capable of defending themselves. I have been a vistor to Inda and Goa now for 15 years and i have never yet had an experience as described by "cartman"
Praia De Agonda is a well planned Beach camp site and the huts are lovely.Pl visit. I would recommend them.

hello arthur
each of us is entiltled to have our own opinion,and thats what we gave,each of us expect different things from our holidays, as we have stayed in many shacks of different standards and prices,these shacks couldnt match the quality of even the cheaper shacks we have stayed in,they were advertised as more up market accomadation .(and they werent)

as you have read our ::::loud long vindictive report:::::: you will see that we said the staff and owner were helful and polite,and in no way was we :::::::: targetting a bussiness of these poor chaps trying to struggle to earn a living::::::::::
if you are paying for a service you expect to get it,
you say the owners cant defend themselves well i did send them the link to this message and i posted the reply i got on here.
The staff were extremely polite and helpful, and so was the food.

Is that because it was still alive? :tongue

I love threads like this. OK, every small hotel goes through problem periods with staff/accomodation/finances at some point......but why can't owners just come on and be transparent, honest and apologetic. Forums are available for explanations of mitigating circumstances and honesty is generally accepted....But...you can spot a fake post easily and it does nothing but harden people's resolve because it's devious and untrustworthy.
have to say when we stayed it was realy as bad as cartman said the bed only had a sun bed mattres on it and the food was not cook
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.