Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi There,

Lantiana gardens is a great hotel its only in the airtours book,its great for kids pool is clean its 2 min from fig tree bay.the hotel is self catering but the meals are really good.I stayed there last year and would stay again.
Hi Again,

Forgot to mention the anastasia in penera is all inclusive and right on the beach
Not to sure if these hotels do AI but all are right on the beach in the center of Protaras.

Silver sands
Iliada beach
Sunrise beach
Vrissiana
Odessa
Constantions

All have clean pool areas, is the sea warm in October, you bet it is, in fact October has the warmest sea temperature of the year. And the beach is perfect for kids. The best area of the beach is in front of the Iliada and Sunrise, just my opinion.

For the last six years we have been to Protaras the first two weeks of October and temperatures are normally between 27 and 31 degrees
HERE are maps showing the names & locations of hotels in Protaras.
Thanks guys, I will look in to all your suggestions - to drill it down a bit further, I have a couple of more requests as to what I'm looking for, namely ;

- my biggest pet hate is the carry on to get beds by the pool - you know what I mean - the crack of dawn towel brigade, I really want somewhere where there is either tons of beds, or people are totally banned from doing that (now, that's a big ask I know!)

- it's great that the sea is warm in October, but as I have a 3 year old I really need a hotel where the water isn't feezing - we went to Salou last July and the water was absolutely freezing in the pool so my toddler couldn't go in (no, I dont mollycoddle him!), which kind of wasted it a bit.

- finally (phew!) i dont want to be travelling for hours going to and from the airport.

My husband says my demands are far too high so I should just stay at home, but it's worth looking for perfection - isn't it?

Any ideas gratefully received!!
If you're going A/I then why Protaras?
You couldn't pick a place further from the airport. Limassol is a lot closer.

(Have you checked your PM's yet?)

Parky
I believe the Sunrise and Constantions allocate sun beds for the length of your stay but I am not sure if you can pick the location of said sun bed, others that have stayed at either hotel will be better qualified to advice on this.
The hotel that we use have around 200 guests when the hotel is full and have around 230 sun beds, so plenty to go round the only down side is the garden area is quite small when compared with hotels such as the Sunrise so it would be almost impossible to find an quite area, if you want a sun bed pool side then as long as you are no later than around 9.00am getting down to the pool you won't have a problem we normally go for breakfast around this time and have always found vacant beds available

You will find that most pools will feel cooler in October when compared with the sea (at it's warmest in October) when we travel to Cyprus in May this is reversed
Our son ahs been traveling with us to Cyprus at this time of year from the age of 9 weeks old and it has never been to cold for him to go into the pool

From Larnaca airport to Protaras by taxi will take around 40 min and cost around 30cy but I feel the extra cost is worth it, we once spent over an hour sat on a coach at the airport awaiting the arrival of a delayed flight and a further 2 hours dropping people off before arriving at our hotel I vowed then that I would never take a coach transfer again, hired a car this May and from airport to hotel took 24 mins, why is it that a hire car is always that much faster than a car that you own?

Maurice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.