Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I know this new hotel, the Riu Peurto Marina (Benalmadena) is opening in June 2005, but can anyone give any info about it.

I was planning to go s/c in January (Principito apartments), but this may be too good to pass by.

Thanks in advance,

Robby :wink:
Hi,

I'm staying at the RIU Puerto Marnina Hotel in Benalmadena in the next fews weeks and wondered if anyone had stayed there. Was it nice as the pictures look good. Are men allowed to wear denims/jeans in the dining room as we don't want to take fancy clothes with us.

Also, what will the weather be like last week in October / first week in November. I went to Costa Almeria at time last year and was told that it would be cold but it was 30 degrees during the day but chilly and windy at night.

Thanks

Julie
I've not stayed in the hotel Riu Puerto Marina, but did have a good look around a few weeks back.
From what I saw, you should be ok with jeans, I saw men wearing vest type tops in the restaurant and in 4* hotels it is usually not allowed .certainly not in the 4* hotels that I go in.

It is a very nice hotel and is as good as the photos....although I did notice that they had erased the "burger king" illuminated sign from the skyline in some of the photos.... Burger King being just behind the hotel ....cheeky monkeys :roll:
I made a short video of the hotel, this can be found in the sticky at the top of the page, along with other videos or from HERE

The weather :shrug me personally, I would hope for the same weather as you had in the Costa Almeria and pack accordingly.

Sanji x
Hi all

I have found an excellent deal to this hotel half board which I was about to book when I decided to check with you guys if its a good place to stay.. saw sanjiis video... very helpful thanks a mill... just want to make sure its nice/ good location etc before booking.. any one any advice about it
Mods

Is there any chance you could add this to the list of Hotels in the Review Section as it doesnt seem to be there yet.. thanks a million....
Can you just confirm that this isn't the same and if its not I'll add it for you.

here
I thought it could have been but the Riu Puerto Marina is a 4 star so I dont think so..

thanks
Stayed here for 9 nights last september,usual riu standard,clean well maintained rooms ,good food,helpful polite staff,close to marina,backs onto it and some rooms are close to a night club which goes on all night at weekends, very noisy for some rooms overlooking this club.Ask for rooms overlooking pool furthest from marina.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.