Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
came back from romantic village a couple of weeks ago.we had one of the best holidays we have had in majorca,it is as the brochure says a quiet relaxing holiday,the studio we had was ample for the 3 of us and the one bed apartments overlooking the pool looked brilliant(we used one as a shower room on last day)the staff were brilliant,restuarant was reasonable and the bar had a happy hour from 7 til 9 ,entertainment was poor and the shop was a rip off.there is a free bus to the beach from receptionand all you have to do is go in the bar on the beach and the will call reception to pick you up (its quit a hike back up the hill especially if its hot) the next town cala mandia is a twenty minute walk down the hill then up the other side where you will find a few more bars and restuarants,the noddy train stops outside and runs from 9 til 7 on the hour its about 3 euros return to porto cristo comes back on the half hour,i hired a car and ate at cala d'or and sa coma plus did the tour of the island and just used romantic village as a base,but if you want a quiet holiday this as it as both beaches are brilliant(cala mandia and playa romantica)seen the reports where they would sooner spend a week in nick or in bed with flu and think these people were expecting some 5 star hotel in magaluf with a bar on every corner.book it you wont be disapointed if you are going to relax :gluck
Many thanks for your comments on your recent holiday to the Romantic Village complex. I'm glad to hear that most of your views were favourable as I have already booked our holiday for the last week of September! 8)

Did you happen to see what the villas were like whilst you were there as we've booked a 3 bed villa with a pool as there are 6 of us going. Are the villas situated on the complex itself or further afield? Also are there any other supermarkets nearby where we can buy essentials other than the on-site supermarket?

:glynis
no sorry didnt see the villa's,but if they are anything like the apartments you will have no worries.as for supermarkets there is one near the beach also has a restaurant which wasnt priced to bad other than that there are a couple in cala mandia but watch the taxi's to and from here as they charged us 6 euro's one way for a mile trip.you could also shop in porta criso via the noddy train (not sure whether there is a hyper market there )but if you have transport sa coma is very cheap and also has a hypermarket.see from your other posts you stopped at the beach club apartments the shop on that site is similar to the one at romantica wher they have no competition (we used to walk across the cliffs to the next village to shop) .confortel did have thir own web site on these apartments not sure if its still there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.