Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Ladybadger, welcome to HT! :wave

Have you seen the hotel reviews HERE?

Pippy :D
I am going there at Christmas. I hear the rooms are very clean. To be honest as long as the room is clean, to me that is the main thing. You spend very little time in room anyway. I have read many reviews on both Holiday Truths and Tripadvisor. Majority of them are very positive indeed. I stayed at the hotel many years ago and the hotel is spread out amongst acres of land. i enjoyed my time then and sure I will this time round.

I am sure if there is a problem and you tell them nicely they will sort it. I think sometimes, when you read that staff were rude to the guests after they had made a complaint, it is more likely to be that the guests were in fact rude and demanding to the staff :P . Jamaicans normally will do everything they can to please you.
lady badger

Yes definitely take US$!! We were there in 2004 and the Jamaica $ was used by practically NO one - you could draw cash from ATMs in either Jam or US but everywhere we went the locals/restaurants etc all wanted the mighty buck!!! :wink: Of course it isn't that mighty at the moment so you should get a very reasonable holiday!!

And I agree with Funky, if you have a problem just ask them nicely and they will sort it.

Have a lovely time LB, it really is a fabby island and the people are truly delightful!! 8) 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.