Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Do they sell cigarettes and bottles of alcohol on ryanair flights ?
on our flight to spain today you could buy 'smokeless' cigs (but don't light them!) and small bottles of booze (at silly prices) to consume on board but I guess thats not what you are after. Never seen them sell 'duty free' fags/booze not even on the Canary route.

Regards, Chris
thanks chris for your reply, I will buy them at airport.
Shamus
Remember 1 bag only that includes duty free if you buy any it must go into your hand luggage!
shamus,

Where are you flying from ?

From Bournemouth, East Midlands, I think Liverpool and probably some other UK airports you can take 1 'bag' of 'things', if purchased airside in addition to your one piece of hand luggage. At EMA the advertising even makes the point of saying 'yes - even on a Ryanair flight'.

Today I brought over a 'meal deal' bought from EMA Boots, usual kind of stuff - sarnie, fresh fruit and a bottle of water. I had the bag on open display in addition to my very full hand luggage trolley case and the boarding staff didn't bat an eyelid.

A friend who went to Lanzarote from Bournemouth even saw someone who had bought a bottle of wine airside drinking on the flight, so standards are dropping !

Regards Chris
TFS1 wrote:
From Bournemouth, East Midlands, I think Liverpool and probably some other UK airports you can take 1 'bag' of 'things', if purchased airside in addition to your one piece of hand luggage
You can add Manchester to that list too. If items are bought from duty free, you can take one additional bag onboard the flight but it has to be in the duty free bag supplied and duty free items only.

Darren
Thanks darren, nice to know. I'm off to Tenerife on Monday from Manchester so will take up the offer. The wife comes over on Thursday from Luton, delayed due to her uncles funeral and its down south, so she will be out of luck !

Regards, Chris
Just to tell anyone flying out of Karlsruhe-Baden that the security staff are weighing ALL Ryanair hand baggage. And that you now walk to your plane, but are bussed back to Customs and Immigration on your return.
Ryanair defends its new Cash Passport Card

Ryanair has hit back at criticism of its new Cash Passport card just launched in the UK.

It has released a statement confirming that all card holders are fully protected.

The new card allows all holders to avoid Ryanair's £6 administration fee every time they fly Ryanair.

It costs £6 to obtain, but the fee is reimbursed by Ryanair with a £6 flight voucher.

Ryanair refuted claims by the UK's Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) that passengers would lose their money if Mastercard's card issuer goes bust.

"In such an unlikely event, both Ryanair and Access Prepaid (a Mastercard subsidiary) confirmed that ALL monies loaded onto Ryanair Cash Passport cards are held in trust for Mastercard cardholders and are protected."

It also hit back at criticisms from rival card provider Fair FX.

Ryanair's Michael O'Leary said: "A true like for like comparison shows that the Ryanair Cash Passport card is much more competitive than the Fair FX card and Ryanair's current MasterCard pre-paid products for flights purchased on Ryanair.com."

With permission from Travelmole
Ryanair's Michael O'Leary said: "A true like for like comparison shows that the Ryanair Cash Passport card is much more competitive than the Fair FX card and Ryanair's current MasterCard pre-paid products for flights purchased on Ryanair.com."

perhaps we should all note the word 'current' in the MOL quote.

Regards Chris
just seen Simon Calder, the travel expert, talkiong on BBC Breakfast.

He said that in conversation with Michael O'Leary yesterday, MOL told him they were abandoning the £1 inflight loo fee but are going ahead with taking out rear 2 loos and replacing them with extra seating on short haul flights, no definition of short haul but presumably 1hr or less.

Chris
TFS1 wrote:
but are going ahead with taking out rear 2 loos and replacing them with extra seating on short haul flights, no definition of short haul but presumably 1hr or less.

I wouldn't read much in to this. The Boeing 737-800 that Ryanair operate have a maximum certified seating of 189. This is as many as they are allowed to install and operate with given the number of emergency exits. If they remove toilets and put 1 or 2 more rows in, they'll therefore exceed the allowed seating and would need more emergency exits. It won't happen, just like charging for the use of toilets was never going to happen. It's just another profile raising PR stunt to get free publicity that he likes to do every month or two.

Darren
we've had this argument before and and it was mentioned that the planes are only leased by Ryanair so rebuilding them would leave the real owners with a problem if Ryanair returned them and other airlines wanted normal configuration.
Just cheap publicity from Michael O'Sneary. Best ignored.
I have used Ryan air a couple of times and for the price you pay they are great.If you read the rules and stick to them, they are a great way to fly. I used them recenty going from Edinburgh to Palma and the amount of people who turned up with 2 bags, was amazing. It was not appreciated when they held up the rest of the flight by arguing over £40.00 to put it in the hold! Then decided to re pack by expanding their suitcase to then be told their case was now too big :duh Read the rules or stick your hand in your pocket and pay for another airline!
My post was not directed anyone, just a general rant about silly people who seem to fly on Ryanair when I do!
hi ... what greenshoes said reminded me of coming back from Salou last year .... one lad had the biggest getto blaster Ive ever seen stuck out the top of a holdall.....but he seemed to make it on to the plane...he was one of a group or family....we had to walk to the plane and there was a fuss going on ...the lad with the getto blaster was there but there was talk about another lad in the group not being there as he was putting loads of clothes on because he had been pulled and his bag was over weight...and he didnt have any money left to pay to get it in the hold....tweetie
Question re flight schedule changes.

We have family coming to see us soon in Tenerife and they are flying from Manchester to Tenerife South.

All seats booked, checked in and boarding passes outbound and return printed. The outbound is still showing availability but the return (Saturday Oct 29) is now longer showing anything and the same for Saturdays (TFS-MCR) for November and some of December / January.

Does this mean that their return Saturday flight and the others have been taken out of the schedule ? - can understand if some flights are fully booked and have no prices shown but all of these in Oct / Nov seems to have disappeared.

No email yet to request change of schedule - is there a minimum time that they send these out from knowing their flights are changed from the original schedule ?

We had a change early this year, flight was from TFS to Valencia and were given 20 days advance notice to rebook our flights as they had removed our planned return flight from their schedule.

Regards Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.